Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

30-30 @ 150 yards with iron sights

• Thank you received: 78

30-30 @ 150 yards with iron sights was created by That_Guy

Well, I got a new bipod the other day for my rifle build and I was very eager to try it out. So I strapped it to my trusty 30-30 lever gun and played around at 150 yards. Good news is the bipod is a vast improvement over my old Harris. Bad news is, I'm not shooting great haha.

The green was my first group with cheap Winchester ammunition and a pillow as a toe support (lost my bag). The red is my second group with Remington ammunition and a folded towel for support. I had about a 15-20mph cross wind I had to deal with as well. Not too worried with my 30-30 grouping as its just my beaver extermination gun haha just thought I'd have a little fun and share. Cheers!
10 years 5 days ago #37373

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by 1LTChap on topic 30-30 @ 150 yards with iron sights

I got a new Atlas bipod for my AR-10 national match. The whole rig is tipping the scale at 14 pounds. Not something I'm going to be doing a lot of walking with in the field. The Atlas is rock solid, but was EXPENSIVE!

Here's a photo of target while sighting in new scope.
10 years 4 days ago #37387

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic 30-30 @ 150 yards with iron sights

Yeah TG, it also is a very little known fact that those plastic bucket tops actuaally move around when a rifle or pizdol barrel is pointed at them. It is true, I know I have experienced that phenomenon when I went shooting, on several different occasions. :banghead: :mad: :S :busted: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
10 years 4 days ago #37389

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic 30-30 @ 150 yards with iron sights

I'm loving my Atlas bipod as well. I bought the ADM quick detach mount so I could easily use it on all my rifles , you'll forget about the price long before it wears out! :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 4 days ago #37398

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!