Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Who knew what French combatants thought of us?

• Thank you received: 23

Who knew what French combatants thought of us? was created by funfred

The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51
9 years 4 months ago #43653

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Who knew what French combatants thought of us?

High praise indeed. And The French are not known for giving it readily.
9 years 4 months ago #43655

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Who knew what French combatants thought of us?

It is our culture, that's a very good thing.
9 years 4 months ago #43665

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Who knew what French combatants thought of us?

One of the nicest reads I have done in long time.
Thank You F.F. for posting this.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
9 years 4 months ago #43681

• Thank you received: 23

Replied by funfred on topic Who knew what French combatants thought of us?

Thanks for appreciating it...figured it would be well received here.

It was on a Jeep forum, posted by a retired GySgt. I gave him flack for bringin' a tear to my eye. :D
9 years 4 months ago #43683

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Who knew what French combatants thought of us?

Never had a chance to work with the French, but worked with the Brits, Aussies, and Germans...Interesting thoughts by him. He is right, we are the finest military the world has ever seen...how much longer that will last I am not sure, but I do not hold out a lot of hope for a bright future.

Our military is becoming a social, sexual PC experiment and I do not believe we can radically change our military culture and expect the same results.
9 years 4 months ago #43765

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Who knew what French combatants thought of us?

Our national military culture is changing and that change is not for the better........As long as our warrior culture can survive somewhere in society we will be fine. I wouldn't look for the thumb dancing, skinny jean wearing, urbanites to step up in a time of crisis but there are plenty of hard working, patriotic young men in my area to hold our ground if needed....
for now anyway. :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 4 months ago #43766

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Who knew what French combatants thought of us?

Gonna be tuff JT. We are moving from an Army of warriors to an Army of OPEN sexual deviant behavior and women on the battlefield....women on the battlefield tried by the Israelis and did not work.

We have lost our displine and are more concerned with hurting feelings than anything else..hence soldier no longer wear branch insignia and EVERY ONE gets the equal to a CIB just for being there so they won't feel bad, give me a friggin brake!
9 years 4 months ago #43770

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Who knew what French combatants thought of us?

Jt,Cowboy I think the military you see now the one mentioned in the article is the culmination of 25 years of almost continuous deployments. I spent a little over a decade in the Army. When I came home I could tell that w r where in it for the long haul as did all my buddies. We all raised our kids in a very spartan environment so they would have overwhelming skills. My first is going in this august, he already has the military skills that would rival most current NCO's. No bullshit. He knows pretty much everything that I knew when I left the service.All the guys I served with have done the same. The best is yet to come. They are smarter faster and stronger than we ever where. They come in with crazy diverse skills that we never dreamed of having. Yes I say this next Gen of soldiers will again redefine what good soldiering is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
9 years 4 months ago #43790

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Who knew what French combatants thought of us?

I think Lib is right, but I do think our Nations Warrior class is getting smaller and smaller. Just as a reaction to the rising cost that all these new capabilities bring. To be a soldier now means college level or better skills whether you have that degree or not. The worrisome thing is that the Army finds only 30% of potential recruits can qualify for enlistment. Number 1 washout reason: Obesity. Number 2: Do not meet minimum intelligence requirements necessary to be a soldier.
9 years 4 months ago #43795

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!