Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Homeward Bound!

• Thank you received: 556

Homeward Bound! was created by jtallen83

I finally got the travel authorization I've been waiting for, I leave Cape Cod for Iowa this next Wednesday :woohoo:
The Iowa job will last 170+ days and is only a bit over 2 hours from my front door so I'll be home every weekend as well as being able to use a bunch of leave time while I'm close ;)
I should be able to give that Viridian laser a good workout for the review follow-up.
I've got a fairly large stash of ammo ready to burn up, 300 7.62x51 175 gr match, more M80 ball than I want to admit, 1,000 Mk 262,500 M193, 300 45ACP, and about 500 9mm. It is going to be a challenge not to overheat anything :laugh:
I warned the wife to be ready to deliver my lunch and dinner to the range those first couple weekends......
I can almost smell the burnt powder already! :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Libertarian623
9 years 1 month ago #44422

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Homeward Bound!

Back to middle America JT, I have been watching your posts carefully for any signs of brainwashing. I will sleep better once your out of danger my friend.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
9 years 1 month ago #44423

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Homeward Bound!

I've been careful to isolate myself from any local politics including never watching local news or listening to NPR. With the majority of locals here in Provincetown following vastly different social mores than me it has been easy to keep myself secluded in my apartment......freedom is close at hand!
I'll have posts for the Real Shooting thread soon :twothumbs:
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Libertarian623
9 years 1 month ago #44424

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Homeward Bound!

Glad you are finally near home JT, know you must miss your family and everything else...Cape Cod huh.

So me and my running buddy, who has a wife and 7 kids, ALL GIRLS would get together once a year for some working vacation time. Doc, was a Harvard MD, Mormon and the Surgeon General. Me, just a computer guy, but he also loved computers and once a year I headed to Boston for a 4 day show. We were both stationed at Ft Monroe Va and we would leave my house at 4am, drive to arrive Boston that eve.

We decided to side track and head out to Cape Cod as the weather was beautiful that late Aug day. We are in my Jeep Wrangler. No doors, no top, wind in your face having a great time. We are out on the Cape going thru P-town and notice all the people waving at us. We stop at a light and folks saying HI, welcome etc. FINALLY I notice something and turn to Doc and say: "have you noticed everyone here seems to be a man?" YEA!

We stop for gas and go in the store for a bottle of water. I mention to the guy about how friendly folks are and wondered where all the women were in town. The guy laughs and says he can see why everyone is waving at you guys in that Jeep. You do know our summer gay population is greater than those who live here... :censored: :censored:
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by OleCowboy.
9 years 1 month ago #44435

It must be all that diversity training that helped me get through the job,
without saying what I really thought.......... :whistle:
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 1 month ago #44437

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Homeward Bound!

Please tell me the Jeep wasn't pink!
:whistle: :pinch:
9 years 1 month ago #44440

The year round population here is now proudly a majority gay population. There are more same sex couples in this zip-code than any other in the states........NTC is looking like a pretty good assignment after this.......
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 1 month ago #44445

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Homeward Bound!

I have to ask; Have they downsized the maternity ward at Cape Cod hospital?
9 years 1 month ago #44446

The closest hospital is 40 minutes away from P-town...they do have an AIDS clinic though...........
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 1 month ago #44450

Almost 12 pounds of empty brass created since I got home a week ago :twothumbs:
and that isn't counting the 400 rounds of aluminium case pistol ammo I burned up!

It's good to be back in the free world again!
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akai
9 years 4 weeks ago #44570

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!