Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

armalite triggers

• Thank you received: 0

armalite triggers was created by mtnhick

Hello all, I have an Eagle arms ar 10 and I was just wondering if anyone else out there has the same bad, creepy, heavy trigger as this one has? Also what is the best and least expensive trigger that can be bought to replace it? Thanks..
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by mtnhick.
15 years 2 months ago #1089

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 8

Replied by Scaup58 on topic Re:armalite triggers

I have the same thing, about an '04 vintage Eaglearms with GI trigger. Mine scaled at 12+ pounds! I have worked mine with a stone and got it down to between 5 & 6 pounds. I have also installed a 1/4-28 hex set screw in the grip bolt hole to limit engagement a little to take out some of the creep. Jard does this on their trigger. The safety limits how much you can do here and I won't alter that. I haven't any experience with other triggers but and Armalite two stage match trigger could probably be had for $100 and would drop in. The next step would be a Jard which Sinclare's sells for about $170. From here you can go as high as $280 for an AR Gold that PACT Inc. makes. This is what I want but funds will not allow it right now. CMT, Timmney and several others also make replacement triggers for the AR-10. Hope this helps.
15 years 2 months ago #1090

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:armalite triggers

Use a Geissele hands down and Jard for 2nd choice.
15 years 2 months ago #1091

• Thank you received: 8

Replied by Scaup58 on topic Re:armalite triggers

Correction, Sinclair's has the Geissele, Midway the Jard.
15 years 2 months ago #1097

Replied by mtnhick on topic Re:armalite triggers

Thanks for the info. It helped to know that it's sort of a problem with factory triggers. I have been leaning towards a timney replacement, I have a few of these on bolt guns and haven't had any problems with them. Again Thanks for the replies.
15 years 2 months ago #1122

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by RandR on topic Re:armalite triggers

Has anyone got experience with the JP Enterprises triggers? I have read very good things about them elsewhere. Not the modular ones. Thanks.
15 years 1 month ago #1188

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:armalite triggers

Buy a good trigger its cheeper than paying for one twice. Geissele or Jard or Jewll or American.
15 years 1 month ago #1191

Replied by rwwj on topic Re:armalite triggers

I have a new DPMS LR-308. Shoots great but the trigger is terrible !! I will be replacing it soon.
14 years 11 months ago #1426

Replied by bravo2 on topic Re:armalite triggers

I bought a used ar10t and it does not have a 2 stage in it, It has a single stage trigger in it instead. If any of you guys want to get rid of your factory two stage let me know I would like to get one to try out in mine.
14 years 11 months ago #1493

Replied by IOR-Glass on topic Re:armalite triggers

I have recently replaced the factory trigger in my Remington R25 with the Geiselle High Speed Match version of their adjustable 2 stage trigger.

I always favor a 2 stage trigger for my semi-automatic rifles, and single stage triggers for my bolt guns. Iy is probably just me and my superstitions, but I feel safer with the 2 stage military type trigger on a semi.

The Geiselle has very clear instructions for installation and adjustment.

I have my trigger set at 1.75 lbs. first stage, and +8 oz. for the 2nd stage. The first stage takeup is smooth as silk with no hitches and it positively stops just before the second stage release point. The second stage breaks perfectly with no creep whatever.

The trigger stop screw is backed all the way out, so there is no trigger stop action. I have found that for myself, accuracy is just a bit better when there is no stop for me to hit against while the bullet is still in the barrel.

Granted this trigger is at the high end of the price spectrum. I know I got my moneys worth here though. I have been shooting rifles for over 35 years. Never have I so easily attained what I consider a perfect trigger pull in a rifle.

The fact that these triggers are fully adjustable by the operator is very important to me. Over the years I have developed preferences in my trigger pulls and I want to reproduce them, whenever possible.

Oh yea, this is my first post on this forum, hello to you all.
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by IOR-Glass. Reason: what else, I forgot something
14 years 11 months ago #1496

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!