Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

6.8 spc anyone?

• Thank you received: 1

6.8 spc anyone? was created by donkey1984

i already have a ar10t and i am wanting to get a ar15 in 6.8 with and other upper in .223/5.56. and i was looking for advice on what companies to get, i was leaning toward rra. also if anyone has any experience shooting 6.8 i was wondering how controllable the recoil was compared to other AR's(.308's, .223's). any feed back would be much appreciated.
15 years 1 month ago #1223

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by ARMILITE1015 on topic Re:6.8 spc anyone?

I have one complete CMMG gun and another on an Armalite lower
and a Model One Sales upper with a ARMS/SIR rail. They are both very accurate and the recoil is slightly more than a .223.
14 years 9 months ago #1852

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:6.8 spc anyone?

Get plenty of brass and dies, the 6.8 has come and I think in 20 years it will be like we all watched the 264 Win Mag come and go. It won't supprize me if to see the static discharge rife show up real soon. Caseless ammo is out of the picture now and the battery or crystal generated electronics has taken a leap forward there is going to be new stuff on the market very fast.MSH
14 years 9 months ago #1857

Replied by donkey1984 on topic Re:6.8 spc anyone?

Yeah i finally just went out and shot my 6.8. I ended up getting a model one sales 24 inch upper. i spent $800 on it and it doesn't shoot for shit. not at all. so now i feel like a dumb ass because i went and paid all that money for it and it sucks. What do you do?
14 years 8 months ago #1876

What seems to be the problem????
14 years 8 months ago #1877

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:6.8 spc anyone?

donkey1984 wrote:
I've heard M1S can be kind of hit or miss. I'd take it up with them and see if they'll make it right. On the other hand, many maintain that M1S isn't renown for accuracy and precision. Firearms is one of those things where I will definately pay a good amount more for a name I can trust.
14 years 8 months ago #1878

it just doesnt group at all, i got it to wear i can hit the target but i cant dial the scope in to hit the bullseye because it just doesn't group.
14 years 8 months ago #1879

The problem could be in the scope or mount. What kind is it??
14 years 8 months ago #1882

it is a bushnell legend on a weaver base. the exact same combo worked great on my ar10t. the guy at the local gun shop said they are crap so i dunno what i am gonna do.
14 years 8 months ago #1883

I have one of their uppers photo enclosed. I bought the barrel from them the minute they became available. This will hold 1 moa all day long. I still think it maybe the scope. On my first AR that I owned I had a Weaver 3x9 mounted on it and there was nothing I could humanly do to get that scope to work on that rifle. I modified the mount ( Leatherwood )shimmed the hell out of it I tried everything humanly possible but that scope would just not work on that rifle. Before I would condemn the manufacturer I would try another scope on it.
14 years 8 months ago #1884

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!