Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Carbine upper order.... Advice

• Thank you received: 62

Carbine upper order.... Advice was created by magi

Well.... I'm a new guy with a new t10 super sass..... And having obsessive tendencies.. I've been on this site for so many hours in the last few days.. I'm getting dizzy....
First I'd like to say.. I like this gun a lot..... Unfortunately I like it so much I'm thinking of getting a carbine upper and making two guns out of it......
Any advice before I call Armalite would be nice...... Do think I want the barrel blackened for sure......

Ps.... May have posted in the wrong place... Still getting used to to forum structure..... If an admin would move this to where it belongs.. I'd appreciate it....

All set Magi and Welcome aboard. Sharkey :wave:
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Sharkey.
10 years 11 months ago #23756

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Carbine upper order.... Advice

Congrats on making the right choice,......Armalite or nothing!

Contact MrRaley, he will be able to help ya. B)
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
The following user(s) said Thank You: magi
10 years 11 months ago #23778

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Carbine upper order.... Advice

So are you doing this to pick up a carbine vs your SASS?

I think about this myself and I think I will end up going with a 18" bbl config as a compromise...
10 years 11 months ago #23781

Replied by magi on topic Carbine upper order.... Advice

Cowboy... I believe the answer is yes......
Since my mid twenties... I was a western guy... From Alaska to San Antonio... Don't like going east of San Antonio..... I used to shoot a lot... Eleven years ago.. I came back to florida to take care of my folks and their affairs.... I didn't get to shoot much... Till this last year I've gotten back into my handguns... I've always been more of a handgun guy....
Being an Alaskan for years my rifles were big bore... 458's.. 375's.. 338's.... But they don't make much since in florida (other than they are real fun to shoot)... This super sass.. In a since is the same.... Cause at 64 years of age.. I don't think I'm going to Afghanistan were a gun like this would be real useful... So this is a fun gun for me.... That will allow me to develop another venue of shooting skill sets.... However.. having a carbine version that will actually point from the shoulder would be fun and potentially useful.... As this thing was left to by my nephew... It's like a two for one deal that I'm certain he would approve of...
The only downside for me is.. I'm a performance motorcycle guy and the money I was going to spend on totally cool set of OZ forged wheels for my totally cool KTM RC8R is now diverted into an AR T10 upper and optics...
But.. In the end this is just another challenging set of life choices... And I feel confident I will come to a good decision.....
I know this is a bit windy... Yet it gives me pleasure to make this post....
10 years 11 months ago #23785

The gift.. of having obsessive tendencies... Is these kinds of decisions are not difficult to rationalize.......
10 years 11 months ago #23786

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Carbine upper order.... Advice

We are the same age, and funny, when I sold my motorcycle I used the money to buy an AR10 among other things.If you ever think about selling that SASS, send me a Private Message, I might be interested. Until then getting a second upper is not a bad idea, especially if you don't have a son like me who has his eyes on my new goodies, since I would have to have two, one for him and one for me.
10 years 11 months ago #23787

Man.... I'm not going to quit riding..... I will fall down and cry like a baby the day I have to give it up.... Most motorcycle people are gun people too..... Only three of the boys I ride with aren't ...... The ones I broke out can out ride me at the track.... But I can out shoot them all......
I have a boy I took in about nine years ago... He was in a tough place at the time.... But he's more of a egghead and academic..... Not really into guns or bikes... He is in college doing really well.... He is a gift from god... The best thing that happened to me in that period of my life..... I'm really proud of him..... He has gone so far from where he started.......
I gave him my cherry #1 Ruger in 06.... But we were so poor in that period of time I only had a chance to take him out to use it a couple of times....
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by magi.
10 years 11 months ago #23789

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Carbine upper order.... Advice

I may pick up some new wheels some day, but up here our riding season is only five good months of the year. And those months I am out in a boat on big water a lot. Only so much time to spend with so many toys. My son will be headed off to college the end of August, and I am excited for him, but there goes my shooting buddy.
10 years 11 months ago #23803

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Carbine upper order.... Advice

Bikes and weapons, like chocolate and peanut butter, plus getting out on the track is really living the dream.
Whereabouts in FL are ya?
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
10 years 11 months ago #23805

• Thank you received: 99

Replied by 10-76 on topic Carbine upper order.... Advice

10 years 11 months ago #23808

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!