Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

RND 2000

• Thank you received: 0

RND 2000 was created by OutRider

Hello Stalwarts.

I am new here, and have had very limited experience with (or interest in) AR format rifles.

Recent developments have changed this situation. The AR rifles have evolved to a point where they can no longer be denied.

In my search for the "best" AR 10 format rifle I stumbled across the RND 2000 rifle designed to support the 338 Lapua cartridge. I was refered to rndedge.com by gaprecision.net when I called them about magnum chamberings in AR format rifles, which they do not offer.

GA Precision had also refered me to Accuacy Systems, (ar-10-rifles.com), a place I was already familier with by reputaion, but have no direct experience with, especialy with AR rifles.

However, once I saw the RND Edge rifles, I found myself focusing on their product line and called them to ask a bunch of questions.

This seems to have raised as many questions as were answered, but one thing I took from my discussions with Mike Floyd at RND Edge was that one should eschew the short magnums if precision long range shooting was of primary concern, due mostly to a lack of appropriate quality factory ammunition.

This lead me to consider an RND 800 with two upper receiver asmbelies, one in 6.5 Creedmore for precision long range shooting, and one in .338 Federal, for big game hunting, but the RND 2000 (chambered in the 338 Lapua cartidge), has caught my fancy as perhaps the closest thing to a Magic Rifle that has been developed so far.

I was hoping that some one here would have some personal experience with some of the rifles mentioned, especialy the RND 2000, and care to comment.
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by OutRider.
14 years 9 months ago #1835

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:RND 2000

Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by a Guest.
14 years 9 months ago #1837

Replied by OutRider on topic Re:RND 2000

Thank you for your quick response.

Let us say that I am a big guy with deep pockets, so the weight and cost would not be an issue.

Those two factors would be acceptable trade offs for a premium level of accuracy.

One thing that was of concern with the RND rifles is the lack of a specific accuacy guarentee, unlike some other companies that offer very specific guarentees, dispite costing much less and having a traditional design wieghing much less.

The design of the RND recivers, with the exception of the 400 rifles, seem a lot more massive and stiffer, which should equal superiour accuacy potential. This is my primary concern.

Did anything in your experience bear this out?
14 years 9 months ago #1838

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

14 years 9 months ago #1841

Thank you for your continued attention. I see I have a lot to learn here.

May I ask what model of RND you shot and what caliber it was chambered for? Why do you say you could not have won a match with it? What makes you say that the extra lenght of a stiffer reciever might lead to extra amounts of case stretching? This seems counter intuitive.

I would like to more about who are, as well. What sort of rifles do you build? What venue do you market them in?

I am starting to get the idea that accuacy guarentees are something of a marketing ploy, especialy when tailored handloads are required.

However, in some instances, such as the Tactical Rifle and Les Baer product lines, their guarentees of shooting into 1/2" or less with readily available seem impressive and have proven to be attainable.

In fact, if Les Baer made an AR 10 I may well not have been posting this thread, if I could get around the Idea of a magnum chambering in an AR format rifle.

As far as that goes, the RND Edge rifles are the only options available that I have been able to discover.
14 years 9 months ago #1843

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

14 years 9 months ago #1844

Thanks for the clarification. I remain confused about how the test frames and barrels you were testing relate to the RND rifle or the Les Baer/Tactical rifles, though. I quess that I am easily confused.

I didn't realize that the receivers would stretch, but I can see how that could happen once I gave it some thought. I have seen the frames on revolvers stretch.

I am intrigued by the RND 2000 rifle but remain unconvinced about whether this is the direction I will take.

Apparently the RND 800 is not available in the cartidges that I hoped to obtain, as RND Loyd is too busy making them in .308, (and a few in .243), to mess around with the 6.5 Creedmore and the .338 Federal rounds, as he does not precieve a large market for them.

I do not know if I agree with him on that score, but I can certainly understand how he would be unwilling to divert his resourses if he is struggling to fill the orders he already has.

Thank you for your comments here.
14 years 9 months ago #1845

Replied by pete300wsm on topic Re:RND 2000

hello just my two cents but i had accuracy systems build my upper for me in 300wsm and it shoots .230" at 100yds with factory ammo they guarantee MOA thats almost 1/4 MOA not bad.
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by pete300wsm.
14 years 9 months ago #1862

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

14 years 9 months ago #1863

Replied by pete300wsm on topic Re:RND 2000

I understand the rifle can only shoot as good as the operator. My opinion use what feels right for you and go from there.
14 years 9 months ago #1864

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!