Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

ArmaLite10SBF Super SASS vs 10A4

• Thank you received: 0

ArmaLite10SBF Super SASS vs 10A4 was created by rookie

Does anyone have an opinion as to whether the Super SASS is worth the extra investment monies compared to the base AR-10?

Thanks in advance

rookie
13 years 4 months ago #6109

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:ArmaLite10SBF Super SASS vs 10A4

The SASS is for the most part an A4....on steroids.... :laugh:
but really...that is up to you...if I had the money would I own one...YES..at least an upper to go on my lower.
Given the add point to the SASS it is a long range, accurate shooter with the added 3x lapped barrel...ceramic coated and the gas valve.
If you took the standard A4 and added a FF handguard as well as the other add ons, you would have more invested than what the rifle costs from the Company...included is the price of a standard A4...
I go by the name BUILDING MY SASS because that is what I am doing..for the most part...but I lack the other parts needed to be a full SASS, but to me it is my SASS....as I said...I would take one in a heart beat...if I could...although I might change the stock on the SASS, not to sure about the PRS stock...UBR most likely.....for me.
Their is also the accuracy difference between the two...the Super SASS is going to be more accurate than the A4 at greater distance because of the barrel up grades...and gas system..also you can put a CAN on the SASS alot easier than the A4....
Well enough of my labeling...hope it helps..
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
13 years 4 months ago #6113

• Thank you received: 67

Replied by foxhunter on topic Re:ArmaLite10SBF Super SASS vs 10A4

I agree with BMS, when comparing to a base A4. It gets a lot tougher if you are trying to decide between the AR10T and the SASS. IN that case, I would only take the SASS if I were going to put a silencer on the gun.
13 years 4 months ago #6119

• Thank you received: 153

Replied by mrraley on topic Re:ArmaLite10SBF Super SASS vs 10A4

foxhunter wrote:
fh hit it on the head. If your going to eventually buy a sound suppressor for your rifle, then the SASS is the way to go. If not, and you still want the same accuracy, either the "T" or the "NM" rifle would be the way to go.
"Attack the issue NOT the individual"

“Fix the problem, DON’T affix the blame”

"Prosecute the position, NOT the person"
13 years 4 months ago #6126

• Thank you received: 57

Replied by JustMe on topic Re:ArmaLite10SBF Super SASS vs 10A4

One thing I noticed today at our Military Shooting Team display, their AR-15s made by JP were much lighter than my AR-10T. It felt like my AR-10T was about 5 pounds heavier than their rifles. This may not sound like much, but when trying to hunt with my AR-10T, my rifle felt too heavy for easy use in a tree stand scenario. When I picked up my Win Model 70 with a full aluminum bedding block Hogue stock, it also felt like a feather compared to the AR-10T. Some of my buds have commented that my Win 70 felt heavy to them. Wait until they heft my AR-10T, hahahahah.

The Military Shooting Team commented to me that their light rifles are much easier to follow a moving target or transition from one target to another than a heavy rifle.

Just something else you may want to consider. I don't know how the weight of the SASS compares to the AR-10T.

Jer
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by JustMe.
13 years 4 months ago #6139

• Thank you received: 67

Replied by foxhunter on topic Re:ArmaLite10SBF Super SASS vs 10A4

I have the AR10 T in both the rifle and carbine. For target shooting go with the rifle. For hunting get the 10T carbine with the 16in barrel. It feels much lighter than the rifle and at least out to 200 yds(as far as I've shot it) is just as accurate as the rifle. I can't imagine pulling that long heavy rifle up into a tree stand. It is no big deal using the carbine with a 2pt strap.
13 years 4 months ago #6141

• Thank you received: 57

Replied by JustMe on topic Re:ArmaLite10SBF Super SASS vs 10A4

foxhunter,

You've got that right. Good thing I had some strong 550 cord. It was real heavy and I was concerned about my grip on the cord slipping.

Jer
13 years 4 months ago #6145

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!