Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Noobs AR10

• Thank you received: 1

Noobs AR10 was created by madcratebuilder

I'm new to the AR10 rifle, I do have other 7.62 rifles, two M1A's and a bolt gun. I have lusted for the big AR for some time and last week while searching my LGS for any nice mil-surps I see this AR. It was a consignment gun with a reasonable price, my mistake was taking out of the rack. I did some on-line research that evening and decided to make a offer. Next morning I was smiling so hard I cracked my face. Just north of $1500 and I owned it.

ArmaLite lower, no FA, the two stage is as nice as any I have felt, previous owner had installed a Magpul PRS, TD grip and a gas buster. The Noveske upper has a 21" stainless barrel, SWS rail and a set of Troy battle sights. Came with two 20 round mags, one GenII and one older style. The older mag has a follower problem, it wants to tilt for the last two or three rounds.

I'm looking at scope mounts and well use a middle of the road 3X10X44 until I can afford a nicer unit.

This is a impressive rifle, I have a fairly large collect of stuff and this is definitely the best. Looking forward to learn how to shoot this at ranges it deserves. I limit my M1A's to no more than 400yds and mostly half that.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Edit, MODS, I see I put this in the wrong section, move as needed, I'm still learning this forum layout.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by madcratebuilder. Reason: I'm an idiot
13 years 9 months ago #5054

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Hank in Arkansas on topic Re:Noobs AR10

You've got a sweet rifle, and it should do well for you. My AR10 is the Armalite AR10B, sort of a nostaglic retro version to look like the original. I also have an M1A National Match with match iron sights, so the retro rifle appealed to me as a companion to an M14 type rifle. I like the idea of having two rifles side-by-side that recreated the 7.62 development in the 1950s. (I'm "old school".) But my experience with the AR10 is that it is very well made, very reliable, and reeks of quality all around. I think you'll enjoy your purchase. Keep us posted.
13 years 9 months ago #5060

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Noobs AR10

Moved as requested...and no worries...I am still finding things out here...
I have to second Hank... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
That is one pretty lady...
I was trying to get a better look at the hand guard..what kind is it..
Again...my compliments...SWEET B)
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 9 months ago #5068

Replied by madcratebuilder on topic Re:Noobs AR10

Thanks BMS. The hand guard is branded both Noveske and SWS. I'm pretty sure it's Noveske's standard hand guard for the N6 21" heavy upper. It has several attaching points for a QD swivel, I thought take has a nice touch. I wanted to go with the individual rail clips until I figured out it would be $150 for two of the clip kits. I'm going to step up to a higher quality scope so I need to save a few bucks, besides those clips don't make it shoot any better.
13 years 9 months ago #5072

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by bozobob on topic Re:Noobs AR10

for your prs stock how is it attached I am looing at that stock to purchase but I and wondering how it attaches to the extension tube, will I need the castle nut and would I beable to use a End Plate Dual Hook Sling Mount - Rear. thank you and it is a very nice piece mine will look similar when I am complete with the building process.
13 years 7 months ago #5556

Replied by madcratebuilder on topic Re:Noobs AR10

The PRS comes in ar15 or ar10 form. Just be sure and get the ar10 stock and you shouldn't have any issues using a end plate.
13 years 7 months ago #5581

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!