Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

Polar Vortex

• Thank you received: 132

Polar Vortex was created by mlotziii

How is everyone being affected by the Polar Vortex that has brought frigid temps to much of the US?

We woke up this morning to have one of our upstairs bathrooms water lines frozen. It is on the interior of the house so I'm still perplexed as to how this happened.

Today I've had quite a few water lines frozen (even on radiant heating loops) as the temps plummeted to 1.5 degrees. Totally not the norm for this part of the world.
10 years 4 months ago #33390

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 25

Replied by bipe215 on topic Polar Vortex

In East Tennessee we got down to -4, the coldest it's been here in a few years. I left a little water running on some outside wall plumbing. left a heat lamp under my oil sump on my truck. We supposed to be 10 tonight and then warm up for the next ten days (40 degrees).
Interestingly, Time magazine, who of course blamed the 'vortex' on global warming, blamed global cooling for the same thing in 1974.

Steve
10 years 4 months ago #33392

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Polar Vortex

Sunday night, minus 29 F, last night minus 20F, A bloomin heat wave. 33 F by Saturday. Please reference my 45-70 story with the frozen suspended bullet. That way I don't have to tell it again.
10 years 4 months ago #33394

• Thank you received: 99

Replied by 10-76 on topic Polar Vortex

Had a little bit smaller woodpile this year, just finishing her up...
10 years 4 months ago #33417

Had twenty logging cords to start the year, got fifteen left.
10 years 4 months ago #33419

• Thank you received: 99

Replied by 10-76 on topic Polar Vortex

Nice pile!

Woodpile envy.... :dual:

:bow:
10 years 4 months ago #33421

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Polar Vortex

Why do they now have to have a fancy name/handle on everything ??? That is the question, heck, it seems that they will go so micro that every snow flake/rain drop that hits the earth will have a name or a number.
Why do`nt they just say that We are having a thing called "WINTER" ????
Why do`nt they tell us all the real truths about this cooling spell, come on, tell us that it is, actually, being caused from the volcanoes, why do`nt they tell us that, YES !!! there were big ice chunks on the Deleware when Washington was crossing, because, the world was coming from an "ICE AGE!!! that was caused from the , You guessed it, "VOLCANOES".
Do a little studying, read about all of the volcanic activity that had gone on during the 1400s, and, how the ash that was spewed into the atmosphere had reflected, back into space, enough of the suns heat and energy, that it caused the planet to go into global cooling. Also how the crops had failed, how many people had starved to death because it was too cold for the crops to groa and how the animals had saved what was left of the populations.
Anyone notice how many volcanoes has been going off ??? A couple more like what happened in Greenland and this continent`ll become a LOT colder.
Better get Your wood piles stowed away now, get them covered so they dont deteriorate away because there is more volcanoes coming. Maybe to a town near You. Yellowstone Volcanoes not looking too safe some more toooh.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
10 years 4 months ago #33457

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Polar Vortex

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
10 years 4 months ago #33458

Hard work, I call my woodpile my hillbilly aerobics! All red oak. Ten cords a year for the outdoor boiler, and four for the fireplace.
10 years 4 months ago #33482

• Thank you received: 111

Replied by SOC on topic Polar Vortex

I cast more lead.
10 years 4 months ago #33484

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!