Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Gun Trusts

• Thank you received: 16

Gun Trusts was created by Ranchwagon

I've read that gun trusts are gaining popularity recently, mostly on the belief that you don't have to worry about the ATF beating your down in the middle of the night, demanding to see your weapons.

Anyone have one these and what do you think. Protection or Not? Other pros and cons?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akai
9 years 9 months ago #41244

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Gun Trusts

If you decide to purchase a suppressor and therefore go through all the paperwork the NFA requires, having it owned by a trust can work around the issue of more than one person using it or leaving it to descendants. As long as they are members of the trust. Much more than that I don't know.
9 years 9 months ago #41247

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic Gun Trusts

The Boss needs to chime in on this one :pray: He has a good understanding of how and why they work for us and the family. :thumbs:
AKAI
9 years 9 months ago #41252

• Thank you received: 22

Replied by MTM on topic Gun Trusts

I have a trust but haven't activated it, yet. Added my wife to it as well. She wouldn't be interested in playing with the suppressor(s) but it would allow her to legally possess the inventory in case something happened to me. For me, the greatest advantage is the trust doesn't require the local Sheriff to sign off on the paper work. Especially when he isn't an advocate of folks having Class III items. A trust also gives the ATF peace of mind in that it knows exactly what an individual has.

Obtaining the trust was a simple matter no different than buying something on the internet. A firearms attorney here in Jacksonville has a website set up just for gun trusts. I picked the level of service I wanted from him such as his office doing everything and updating it periodically down to the basic trust, which I fill in and get notarized on my own. Pay the money via credit card and provide the necessary personal info. A few days later I downloaded my trust, ready to be activated.

I would caution that if one decides to get a trust that it be from an experienced attorney. I've heard of people getting something generic from the internet or making their own up just to save a few bucks. That can bite one in the butt big time. It isn't worth it when it comes to the Feds vs. you!
9 years 9 months ago #41256

• Thank you received: 22

Replied by MTM on topic Gun Trusts

This topic got me thinking about a .308 suppressor for my Savage 10 and 300 Blk. I could go to my LGS and they would do everything for me once I handed them the notarized trust and $$$$. Their inventory includes AAC, Gemtech and some other brand although I'm sure anything could be ordered. I'm wondering, though, is there is an online source that any of our members have used that gave a better deal than what a typical local store can do?
9 years 9 months ago #41282

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!