Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

SigTac Rifle Bag

• Thank you received: 556

SigTac Rifle Bag was created by jtallen83

I got home for Thanksgiving leave and had this sweet SigTac bag waiting for me:

They advertise it as "high-quality 500 Denier Nylon" and it feels like real heavy stuff. The description the web site does not do it justice!
www.sigsauer.com/SigStore/36-standard-rifle-bag-513.aspx
Shortly after getting my PM400 they ran a special, the bag and 2 P-Mags for $100, I think it's worth every penny. The zippers are large and run smooth as silk, there are pockets inside pockets, most have what looks to be a waterproof liner, there are molle strips at both ends, the front zips open to expose several more pockets with zippers and velcro, the shoulder straps have all the adjustments you could ask for.
Check out my photo album for more detailed shots;
www.ar10t.com/community/gallery/2816jtallen83/album?albumid=299
Now I just have to figure out what to put in all the pockets. I can easily recommend this bag without even putting it to use yet, doubt I'll do any real hiking with it unless something bad is going on!
I hope my SigTac bungee sling is the same quality, I'll be stoked! :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by jtallen83.
10 years 4 months ago #31226

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic SigTac Rifle Bag

Nice JT... :thumbs: Rifle looks cozy in there... :)
10 years 4 months ago #31228

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic SigTac Rifle Bag

Niiice JT. I likeee the shoulder strapes
10 years 4 months ago #31235

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by RickinMo on topic SigTac Rifle Bag

That is a sweet bag.
I have one in FDE and I love it.
It has nice padding around the rifle and a padded pistol pocket plus all the Molle attachment loops and sooooo many pockets.
It just doesn't get any better in my opinion.

Rick
You may find me lying dead in a ditch but by God you will find me in a big pile of brass
10 years 4 months ago #31239

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic SigTac Rifle Bag

Looks built for serious work. :thumbs:
10 years 4 months ago #31240

• Thank you received: 62

Replied by magi on topic SigTac Rifle Bag

Very handsome.....
10 years 4 months ago #31242

Replied by jtallen83 on topic SigTac Rifle Bag

Almost 5,000 miles and several range trips on the bag now. I still have not used the back-pack straps but otherwise I've only found one minor issue, the two straps that run right next to the handle keep loosing the clips. They hold fine when strapped in place with tension but the buckle falls off when the strap is released and allowed to dangle. A couple strips of duct tape should cure this.
I'm finding that I can put way more ammo and stuff in the bag than I can carry comfortably. It carries my PM400 with 6 full mags and another 120 rounds on clips, a 1911 with 5 mags and 100 rounds, when it isn't in my pocket a Sig 938 with 3 mags and another 100 rounds, and all sorts of extras like an Otis cleaning kit and some basic tools.
The biggest issue though is remembering what pocket I put what in! :unsure: :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 3 months ago #33377

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic SigTac Rifle Bag

5000 miles, wow...so when you go to the airport and they say: "may I take your bag sir" do you say, no, she can walk on her own...
10 years 3 months ago #33398

No airports for me, 4 wheels all the way, and you gracious taxpayers have given me $.565 for every mile! Nobody ever checks my bag :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by jtallen83.
10 years 3 months ago #33407

Just a follow up on the bag, the plastic latches seem to be a weak point. When loaded and picked up by the carry handle the plastic catches at the base of the handle come open. I refastened them and made sure they were engaged and had the same issue again and again. The latches on the pockets easily fall of the strap when you pull on them, doesn't matter what angle or force is applied.
Fine for a range bag but not so much of a tactical bag. :(
That said, I will admit I have it stuffed to the gills with a PM400, 16 loaded 30 round mags, a 100 round mag, aP226 MK25 with a couple hundred rounds, a thigh rig, cleaning kit, bipod, lights, batteries, and a dozen other pieces of kit I may need if Armageddon comes! :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 3 weeks ago #36076

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!