Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

AR-10 Mag pouches

• Thank you received: 12

AR-10 Mag pouches was created by crux

Perhaps this should be in a new topic area for general range gear. I've wanted to get a few pouches for magazines, and of course most everything is geared toward AK and AR-15. Since my Armalite's mags are basically redesigned decendants of the M14, I figured compatable pouches would do the trick. Not sure about other AR-10 variants.

Anyway, here's some of the options I had been considering, wondering if anyone else had put any thought/research into it.

www.optactical.com/tagmom14magp1.html

www.msafrontline.com/catalog/product501364.html

www.tacticaltailor.com/762308doublemagpouch.aspx

www.awsin.com/products.asp?id=234&pg=2

www.centuriontactical.com/37CL58-molle-pouch.htm

I think I'd prefer one with a velcro top, and mounts to a belt easilly. If anyone purchases any, please give a review so we can compare.
15 years 4 months ago #436

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic Re: AR-10 Mag pouches

Sorry for dredging up an old post, but we're in the same boat.

I'd like some sort of system where I could just throw it on and go, and be able to shuck out of it quick for mobility. I looked fondly at the Woolrich Elite Tactical Vest, but it isn't versatile enough. Finally settled on the 5.11 Tactical LBE vest, and I'm tickled pink with it. Got one for El Kid too.

Now I'm looking for MOLLE pouches for the mags (four each), and I'm not 100% in love with what I see. I'd like single pouches I could arrange horizontal on the left side of the vest. The friction retention system looks good, but they're expensive (about $35.00 each times eight!). I don't care for the bungee retention things.

Charlie
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Charlie.
12 years 3 months ago #9347

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Re: AR-10 Mag pouches

RLTW
12 years 3 months ago #9348

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Bob Downey on topic Re: AR-10 Mag pouches

Learn to do things for yourself. Its good for you and makes you a better American!
12 years 3 months ago #9350

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Re: AR-10 Mag pouches

There are surplus ruberized canvas type magazine holders on ebay for about $5 each, I think they are old German issue. They fit two 20 round magazines and have two straps and a ring on the back for different suspension options.The backbone is a slab of leather and the covering is thin but feels pretty tough. I had three shipped to me for less than $15 so the price is right if you don't mind mismatched gear they are the best deal around.They don't exactly match the rest of my molle gear color wise but then I hope I never have to drag the stuff out anyway, I'll take the range bag over the OH SHIT bag anyday!
LIBERTY FIRST!
12 years 3 months ago #9352

I like this design.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

It's called a Fast-Mag Heavy. I'm not sure what the ears are for, but that's the $35.00 job I mentioned. It might be Kydex (like the Fobus holsters, which I don't care for), and it's unnecessarily thick because of the stacking feature, but something like that would work.

Charlie
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Charlie.
12 years 3 months ago #9354

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re: AR-10 Mag pouches

Well my Friend....I agree on digging up old posts...a real pain to find them :whistle: :lol:
Take alook at this vid...Ok the quality kinda sucks...was an earlier vid...but I show some ideas...
that might work...
BMS

It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
12 years 3 months ago #9364

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re: AR-10 Mag pouches

almost forgot...this one...
BMS

It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
12 years 3 months ago #9365

It's not really what I want, but I've settled on the TAG M14 four mag pouch. There's something weird about the product options:

1. They show an ACU option that does not appear in the retailer's product list.

2. There are two black pouches with different prices!

MM142ABK MOLLE 7.62 Mag 4 Pouch Black $39.99.
812183 MOLLE 7.62 Mag 4 Pouch Black $28.99.

I can't figure this out, so I sent TAG an e-mail. I'll let y'all know if they respond.

Charlie
12 years 3 months ago #9503

I went with the TAG MM142ABK because the guy I talked to at TAG said it was hard to get two mags in the 812183. Here it is.

And here it is with mags on the vest.

If it's hard to get two mags in the 812183 then I don't even want to look at it. It was all the butter knife and I could do to get the 2nd mag in this pouch. The plastic you see sticking out in the 2nd photo is to help ease 'em in.

The pouch is heavy nylon, and good workmanship. It sticks close to the MOLLE vest and doesn't wobble around. With one mag removed the other is still secured by the elastic. I haven't tried drawing a mag yet cause I want to see if the pouch will take a set so it's easier to get mags into it in the future.

If you get this pouch you can forget about saving your empties in the field, cause it ain't gonna happen. If I had a woman that tight........... never mind.

Charlie
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Charlie.
12 years 2 months ago #9692

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!