Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Gold & Engraved Glock

• Thank you received: 529

Gold & Engraved Glock was created by OleCowboy

10 years 11 months ago #24179

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 111

Replied by SOC on topic Gold & Engraved Glock

Fine work... Too bad it's a glock. :P
10 years 11 months ago #24180

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Gold & Engraved Glock

Speaking of collections, I heard a horror story from a local retired police chief we had over for dinner a while back. There was a local fellow who was not a hunter or shooter who inherited a number of guns from a friend who passed away out west in, I believe, Nevada. Well not being a gun man, he stores them in a cabinet in his garage for 15 years or so. Well eventually, a childhood friend of his sons remembers about them and having gone bad, breaks in and steals them. But that isnt the tragedy. It takes the police department two days to figure out who did it, and they recover the guns. So the Chief, who is a gun collector, is looking at this table with such things as a Colt Peacekeeper with the initials of the 7 th Cavalry's Armorer carved next to the serial number, an original 1873 Winchester, an 1836 Colt 36 caliber navy! All rusted to the point of being inoperable! The Chief has to explain to the owner that had he kept them in good condition, he had a collection worth roughly half a million! The guy ended up selling them for about $80,000, but it could have been a lot more! Broke the Chiefs heart to see what happened to them.
:banghead:
10 years 11 months ago #24181

• Thank you received: 62

Replied by magi on topic Gold & Engraved Glock

I agree.... I guess they're a good gun.. But they are so ugly... Gold won't help it much...
10 years 11 months ago #24183

That is real sad story.....
10 years 11 months ago #24184

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Gold & Engraved Glock

There is an old saying about not trying to make a silk purse from a sow's ear. Nothing wrong with a Glock, it does the job it should, like sow's ear does for her.
Just think what that would look like on a 1911... :drool:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 11 months ago #24185

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Gold & Engraved Glock

Dats pimp!

I know someone that would want this just for the ridiculousness of it. After seeing some of the gold hussein weapons, he went and got one of his AKs TiN coated. He also did a les baer 1911 in chrome with gold colored parts and mother of pearl grips. A fine pistol underneath, just looks like it goes with a purple fur coat.
Aside from the humor value, he says it because nobody takes him seriously when they see it, then he shoots.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
10 years 11 months ago #24186

superfly has a gun like that too......
10 years 11 months ago #24239

• Thank you received: 80

Replied by Lizardette on topic Gold & Engraved Glock

Absolutely beautiful engraving.

As far as engraving cheap guns goes, I've seen worse.

The last time I was out in South Dakota, Dad and I stopped by a Cabella's. Huge store. It had a museum of antique and otherwise interesting firearms. Among them was a gold plated and engraved Astra 400...

Why?
10 years 11 months ago #24272

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Gold & Engraved Glock

If you were a patriotic Spaniard I guess it would make sense. I actually have a couple of Astra handguns that are Sig clones from my younger, poorer days. They are accurate, and well made.
10 years 11 months ago #24278

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!