Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Sig P226 MK25

• Thank you received: 556

Sig P226 MK25 was created by jtallen83

Got back to Iowa late Friday night so the first thing on my agenda was a trip to the LGS, this P226 MK25 followed me home;

I've been wanting a hi-cap 9mm for some time and this just seemed to fit the bill all around. Looks like I'll get to give it the cold weather test in the morning, -12 and a -32 windchill in the forecast,can't wait to turn the heat up on this Sig! :dance:

Anyone else have a Sig with a short reach trigger or a short reset trigger? Is it worth the money?
I'm thinking I'll use my 20% off coupon to have this work done, depending on how it feels tomorrow I guess.
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 1 month ago #35187

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Sig P226 MK25

Congrats.......short reset trigger is the best mod available for a 226!
Will provide the best trigger available, shy of a 1911!
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 1 month ago #35189

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Sig P226 MK25

Want to know more about this trigger mod you guys are talking about. Have a Sig SP2022 I like but the trigger is so so.
Congrats on the purchase JT.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Siscowet.
10 years 1 month ago #35191

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Sig P226 MK25

Here is the info from the Sig website;

"Short Reset Trigger package – Retrofit your P220, P225, P226, P228, P229, P239 and P245 with the new SIG SAUER Short Reset™ (SRT) sear and safety lever parts. The SRT reduces the trigger reset travel by about 60%. The SRT upgrade is perfect for both competition and combat shooters who want to reduce their follow up shot times. Price includes parts and labor. Original parts returned with your firearm. $99.95"

"Reduced Reach or Standard Trigger Installation - SIG SAUER pistols have shipped with a 'standard' trigger and more recently with a 'reduced-reach or short' trigger. You can fit the pistol to your hand with either a reduced-reach short trigger if you have the standard trigger and it is hard to reach the trigger or a standard trigger if you have the reduced-reach short trigger and it feels too close for your trigger finger. (Excludes P232/P230, P238, P290, 938, Mosquito, 1911-22, SAO models and older P220 models that have the trigger that is 7.9mm (0.311") wide. If the trigger is 9.46mm (0.372") wide then it can be done.) $34.95"

www.sigsauer.com/Customshop/SpecialCTU.aspx

I was up late searching the web for holsters and other "accessories" last night, found all kinds of goodies that will keep me broke for awhile ;)
Even noticed they have 20 round mags for it, that's a must have for sure :woohoo:
I see most of the parts for the trigger work are available at a fairly reasonable price but for $27 shipping I think I'll let Sig do the work and avoid any ooops moments :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 1 month ago #35193

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Sig P226 MK25

Ended up selling my Mk 25.......have mags and a 22LR conversion I will be listing soon.
Pm me if ya need some mags
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 1 month ago #35199

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Sig P226 MK25

Nice looking rig...
10 years 1 month ago #35200

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic Sig P226 MK25

That looks like my P226 minus the rail. The only thing that I can say is if mine got lost or damaged I'd buy another one.

Charlie
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
10 years 1 month ago #35211

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Sig P226 MK25

I bought a Mk 25 about a year ago. LOVE it. Makes anybody that shoots it look like a rock star. Excellent choice, my friend.
RLTW
10 years 1 month ago #35271

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Sig P226 MK25

Dead on there! We shot 200 rounds today and hit the steel from first to last shot! My little brothers girlfriend had never fired a pistol before, she's hooked now!
This pistol may just retire my 1911, just an all around fantastic shooting experience. I was thinking I may need the short trigger and E2 grips but for now I'm not feeling the need. Points naturally, great trigger, and fast followups. Makes me feel like dancin' :dance:
I understand why someone on the teams would choose it for sure! :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 1 month ago #35366

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Sig P226 MK25

The only thing I'm going to do to mine is get the threaded barrel,raised sights and a pistol suppressor.
RLTW
10 years 1 month ago #35397

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!