Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

New Member of the Family. Sig P220 Elite 10mm

• Thank you received: 14

New Member of the Family. Sig P220 Elite 10mm was created by R6600DH

I went to a large gun show last weekend looking for a S & W Model 41. Came home with a Sig P220 Elite Match 10mm. Go figure! I couldn't find a 41 in the entire show but as I was browsing, I found a Sig MPX in 9mm. What a piece! I was very tempted to buy it but I was there for a pistol. As I was talking to the Sig rep, I asked if he was going to get any of the 10mm 220's. He said he was not but two other venders had just received one that day. I set out to see them. I have been interested in the P227's so I thought I would check them out also. I saw the P227 SAS and fell in love. What a good looking and feeling pistol. Then I asked him about the 10mm. I looked at the 10 and didn't look back. The 10mm is a natural for me. I have sold all my 45's but I have a Colt Delta Elite in 10mm. I have a lot of 10mm ammo. What a great looking gun. This is in reverse two tone with Siglite night sights, Short Reset Trigger and Black Piranha grips. Should be a tack driver. I am going to shoot it tomorrow. I will give a full report.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
Last edit: 9 years 3 days ago by R6600DH. Reason: added to text
9 years 4 days ago #44689

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by R6600DH on topic New Member of the Family. Sig P220 Elite 10mm

Update to the range session. After feeling the trigger on this thing, I decided to send this back to Sig for an Action Enhancement Package. I had this performed on my P229 and P226. They came back two different guns. The triggers are now like butter. I want this one the same. I looked this model up on the Sig website and could not find it on the P220 page. It is too new. I then checked on the "About Us" page and found the update on the 10mm. According to the website, this is supposed to have Match Target Sights. It has SigLite sights. While talking to the Customer Service Rep, he agreed with me and said they would make it correct. Now I wonder what this thing will look like when it comes back. I will keep you posted.
9 years 3 days ago #44715

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic New Member of the Family. Sig P220 Elite 10mm

Congrats on the purchase. Sigs are really nice. A P227 or an FNX45 is in my future, just havent decided which.
The following user(s) said Thank You: R6600DH
9 years 3 days ago #44717

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by Old18C on topic New Member of the Family. Sig P220 Elite 10mm

Great find, I like my 220s (one in .45 and one in 38 Super) May have to look for the new 10mm. Enjoy
The following user(s) said Thank You: R6600DH
9 years 3 days ago #44721

I just about bought a P227 SAS before I bought the 10mm. It fit my hand well. It also looks great with the melted corners. It would make a good carry gun. I may still buy one someday.
Last edit: 9 years 3 days ago by R6600DH. Reason: add
9 years 3 days ago #44724

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic New Member of the Family. Sig P220 Elite 10mm

I like Sig pistols. They do the job and do it well. If I ever run across a P224 Nitron I expect it's going to follow me home. :-)

If you ever decide to get rid of the .38 Super, and it's got the American mag release, I know somebody that's interested. Me!

Charlie
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
9 years 3 days ago #44729

Charlie,

The P224's rock! What a great back up or carry gun. I saw an Equinox at last weekend's Des Moines gun show. Quite a unique two tone. It almost came home with me also. That whole line looks great with the different designs. The cool thing is that you can use P229 mags in it if you want. It doesn't get much better than a Sig.
9 years 2 days ago #44734

This message has an attachment image.

That looks like the P224 Equinox photo from Sig's website. I remarked on it before: Where's the decocker lever? The P224 Nitron has a decocker, and I can't find anything that says why the P224 Equinox doesn't! Is it DAO or something? Why would that matter?

The thing I like about the Sig P series is their common manual of arms, and I like the P224 Nitron, but I won't even consider the P224 Equinox if it doesn't have the decocker.
9 years 1 day ago #44748

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic New Member of the Family. Sig P220 Elite 10mm

I have a couple of old Astra automatics I bought back when that was all I could afford. A 45 A-80, and a 9mm A-100. The A-80 in 45 ACP actually predated the Sig in offering a double stack magazine holding 10 rounds. The operating system is a direct clone of the Sig system, right down to the decocker. They are worth practically nothing now, so I keep them, as they are accurate and reliable, and two guns that I don't worry if they get beat up a little bit. They are heavier than my Sig SP2022, but that helps with rapid fire accuracy, so I don'tmind.
Last edit: 9 years 23 hours ago by Siscowet.
9 years 23 hours ago #44750

Cool! Back when I was a Class 1 I had an Astra 400 (9mm Largo) and an Astra 600 (9mm Para) in the case. They looked pretty cool (and were already used) so I checked them out at the range and found that they had acceptable accuracy and reliability. They both sold, so I didn't have to transfer them to my personal inventory when I turned in my license.

My dad bought an engraved Astra Model 200 25 ACP in nickel way back in the '50s, and I inherited it when he passed in 2005. It had pearl grips (or something) that went to flakes by then! I replaced them with some black plastic grips I got at Numrich and sold it on Gunbroker.

9 years 23 hours ago #44752

This message has an attachment image.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!