Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

What flip up sights fit Armorlite AR-10TBNF

• Thank you received: 2

What flip up sights fit Armorlite AR-10TBNF was created by super8mm

I have a Armorlite AR-10TBNF on the way and I am getting lost on what flip up sights to use.

Are there some for different heights depending on where they mount?

Thanks
13 years 2 months ago #6751

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:What flip up sights fit Armorlite AR-10TBNF

Well....where to start...how about the rear sights...there are many brands and types to choose from but cost is the question to to mention height of the sight it's self if you are mounting a scope on it as well...depending on what mount you use and type of optic.
As for the front sight...there are only a couple of companies that make them for the AR-10 Railed Gas Block....MI is one, GG&G is another not sure on some of the others...but they are catching up...being you have a free float hand guard....you can go to a Free Float railed hand guard (for the AR-10 mind you) and then the options are much more...because you are using a same plane sight that mounts to the hand guard....there is alos an option open to you, on AR15.com a guy posted a question about adding a rail to the top of the factory tube hand guard...the rails that ArmaLite sell for the tube hand guard will make it a same plane set up...you can call and ask them about it...
Will post link when found...
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 2 months ago #6773

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:What flip up sights fit Armorlite AR-10TBNF

Ok....found the thread..here is the link...
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=62&t=521708
Hope it is of some help....If you would like more info...ask away.
BMS

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 2 months ago #6775

Replied by super8mm on topic Re:What flip up sights fit Armorlite AR-10TBNF

Thanks BMS, so a factory fresh one the sights are not one the same plane.

I do have a old but very little used bushnell sportsman 3-9 x 32 scope that I will put on it for starters but I wanted to put some iron sights on for back up fist.

all the paperwork has cleared, now just waiting on them to ship it :woohoo:
13 years 2 months ago #6777

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Re:What flip up sights fit Armorlite AR-10TBNF

super8mm wrote:I think what BMS is alluding to when he made the comment about optics and irons is in reference to the amount of eye relief your scope has. The rear sight will take up an inch or two of space on the rail. Depending on the height of your rings, this could present some eye relief issues with the scope.

And congrats on the purchase. Armalite represents (IMO, as always) the best bang for your semi-auto .308 buck. Now if only Magpul would step up to the plate and make mags for it...
RLTW
13 years 2 months ago #6778

Thanks LebbenB, I'lll keep that in mind as there seem to be a big selections of scope mounts and ring,
13 years 2 months ago #6779

I think there is some confusion....different rear sights will set different heights off the rail depending on which one you go with.
The front sight for the railed gas block is also different from the same plain height of one that sits on the free float hand guard.
As to your scope height...it is the ocular bell that will be the issue...not the eye relief.....if your mount is to low...your scope will hit on your rear sight when folded down...and you can only move the mount and scope so far either way...forward or back. I recommend a scope mount or rings that are at least 1.5" to the center if the optic. To be sure you have a low enough rear sight I recommend the Midwest Industries SPLP...it lays less than a half of an inch when folded down...this should allow enough room...I my self have the ERS and a LaRue LT-135 QD mount (which I also recommend, that being a Quick Detach mount)...I hope this clears up my previous post a little bit....American Defense also makes a great QD mount and it is a bit less in cost than LaRue's. I am planning to obtain one for my self soon...
BMS

I for got to add that my LT-135 sits 1.93" to the center of optic.

Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
13 years 2 months ago #6780

thanks BMS i think i would like the low profile best as they will be mainly backup.

this will help give me some ideas when i go tothe new gon show this weekend :)
13 years 2 months ago #6781

Glad to help, if I may suggest...look at them at the gun show but order them direct if you can...that way the company that you go with will have you on file...if you ever need to send it in...not knocking the dealers at the gun shows...but I have found some of them charge more than the middle men on the internet....I do believe in helping the small business if you want to buy from a dealer...then pick one in your area that carries what you are wanting and if they don't have it...ask if you can order it...but check prices on the company's web site first...just to make sure they don't gouge you to bad...Just my humble Honest opinion....
BMS

13 years 2 months ago #6783

That is true about the shows, i have been pondering a Glock 27 and the shows are the sane or higher than my local CTD store.

shows can offer a large sampeling for touch and feel though.

i think i will eyeball some brass and the likes too. heck irving has a new convention center and this is the first gun show so i figured it would be a good way to spend a sat morning before i have to start work
13 years 2 months ago #6785

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!