Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Bullet flight app for smart phones

• Thank you received: 5

Bullet flight app for smart phones was created by Blownchevy

I was wondering if any1 was using the app called Bullet Flight for smart phones. its a ballistic calculator that you put the data from you bullet scope height. I down loaded it a while back and the thing is incredible. Well worth the money? I tried it with my 22mag to see how accurate it was and hit a 8" plate @ 300 yards with the adjustments it gave me.
10 years 10 months ago #23856

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 62

Replied by magi on topic Bullet flight app for smart phones

I've just been thinking about this.... Is it a apple app.....?
10 years 10 months ago #23857

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by fr3db3ar on topic Bullet flight app for smart phones

I haven't tried that one. I use Strelok and am pretty pleased with the results. All of them are just guidelines and should be tested to ensure accuracy. :wave:
10 years 10 months ago #23858

• Thank you received: 57

Replied by JustMe on topic Bullet flight app for smart phones

I also use Strelok+ and it works great for all my scopes both 1st focal plane and 2nd focal plane scopes. There are 2 versions, Strelok is free and for $5.99 Strelok+. Strelok+ has a feature that permits second focal plane, multiple reticle scope users to change the magnification setting and it calculates what range each reticle really represents. The 2nd focal plane, multiple reticle scopes are only range accurate at one magnification. If you zoom the scope, the multiple reticles no longer accurately represent the ranges the manual says, except at only one magnification (usually 10x for a 3-10x scope). Strelok+ solves the mathematical calcualtions for the other zoom magnifications (3-9x). It also permits you to change the trajectory program for your particular weapon based on where your round hits a target at 100, 200, 500, 800, etc. ranges. And it will compensate for temp changes, altitude changes, wind changes, etc. You can also program as many bullet weights and brand name ammo combinations as you want to program into the Strelok. So when you change ammo, Strelok is still accurate.
It works with both Android operating systems and iPhone Apple operating systems.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by JustMe.
10 years 10 months ago #23862

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Bullet flight app for smart phones

I used the Winchester App yesterday. Put a few rounds down range but nothing noteworthy. Glad to be able to get out and shoot it a little bit.

Shot around 3MOA at 300-yards with a 5 mph crosswind laying on a piece of cardboard in a driveway.
10 years 10 months ago #23863

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Blownchevy on topic Bullet flight app for smart phones

Yes I'm using with iPhone but I think it works with Android as well. This sounds like the same as the other one you guys are using. They probably are all pretty much the same. I was impressed with it, I bought the Barrett BORS for 2500,00 and this app does the same for thirteen.
10 years 10 months ago #23865

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Bullet flight app for smart phones

Shooter is what I use for android.
I think it was 2.99 when I first bought it, but it has gone through a number of upgrades over the years.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by 13fcolt. Reason: typo
10 years 10 months ago #23869

• Thank you received: 62

Replied by magi on topic Bullet flight app for smart phones

I just bought one called Ballistics...... But I don't know how to use it... It's very discreet and detailed... Without instructions....
And to think for forty some years I've just used iron sights.... If something was far away I just held the front up higher... I got to get with the times or get left behind.......
10 years 10 months ago #23870

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Bullet flight app for smart phones

I still enjoy using that "ballistics calculator" in my head. No program will ever be a substitute for putting rounds down range repeatedly. There is something about picking that spot in thin air above your target with nothing but a "feeling" and nailing it! B)
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 10 months ago #23872

• Thank you received: 57

Replied by JustMe on topic Bullet flight app for smart phones

Or the sinking feeling when you miss the buck of a lifetime or even worse wound an animal you later can't find. :dual: Agree that the best solution is lots of practice putting rounds down range. I used to be much better when ammo was cheaper about 40 years ago. Unfortunately, I don't practice much anymore. Shame on me.
10 years 10 months ago #23874

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!