Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

what to buy

• Thank you received: 0

what to buy was created by spottedfurry

[img] I NEED HELP IN GETTING A AR 10 WICH BRAND, I REALLY LIKE THE LOOKS AND THE STANDARD TRICKS THAT COME WITH THE RRA 308 THE ONE WITH THE 26" STAINLESS BARREL AND GOOD TRIGGER, BUT I WAS TOLD THE ARMILITE IS BETTER IT HAS TO BE FLAT TOP WITH FREE FLOAT BARREL AND TARGET TRIGGER I WILL BE MAKING LONG SHOTS AND LOCAL SHOOTS SO WHAT DO SAY WHAT KIND OF OPTICS FOR IT? 4X12 LEUP.?:S
15 years 5 months ago #668

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by donkey1984 on topic Re:what to buy

man if you got the money go with the armalite or GA arms, if not go with either a dpms or rra. i tried to get that rra lar8 back in may but they were not in production yet or something. something to consider is that the rra will be pretty heavy. but i am more than happy with my armalite, and my buddy has a dpms .308 and they are pretty good to. as far as the scope goes that should work unless you are gonna shoot really small targets or something. all i have is a bushnell legend 5-15x mill dot(couldn't afford the leup.) but it works for me for now.
15 years 5 months ago #669

Replied by spottedfurry on topic Re:what to buy

what is the smallest group on bags that you have seen with your ar 10 at a 100
15 years 5 months ago #671

Replied by Rambo on topic Re:what to buy

I like my DPMS LR-308 AP4
15 years 5 months ago #672

Replied by adminv15 on topic Re:what to buy

spottedfury wrote:
Not to be funny but 0.308"
15 years 5 months ago #675

Replied by donkey1984 on topic Re:what to buy

yeah i can totally believe that. i am getting mine dialed in and finding the ammo that it likes(until i start reloading myself). but my smallest so far is about .950. but that will GREATLY improve once i get a bipod and a couple of other things for it.
15 years 5 months ago #680

Replied by Milgram on topic Re:what to buy

Armalite has a match trigger and barrel on their AR10T, as well as a free float barrel via a fiber glass handguard. The RRA and Armalite both have flat tops, and the RRA triggers are pretty good. As for an optic, Nightforce makes some amazing glass. All of their optics have illumination for night use, and have a 4x spread between their lowest and highest power (3.5-16 vs Leuold's 4-12).
15 years 4 months ago #798

Replied by Milgram on topic Re:what to buy

I shot a couple of 3 shot groups that were a little under .5", but I usually shoot about .75". I think I need to work on my trigger squeeze, because I seem to shank the second shot quite a bit, then re-focus and put the third round right on top of the first. My 5 shot groups are usually right around 1"
15 years 4 months ago #799

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by weshowe on topic Re:what to buy

spottedfury and all,

My first AR-10 was a custom AR-10T from G.A. Precision. You might say I'm spoiled for other AR's...
I have had a chance to shoot one of the LAR-8's last month and it shot well, but not in the same ball park as my AR-10.
The GAP rifle litterally cuts one large ragged hole at 100 yards.
Still doing load development, but it's shot well with everything I've stuffed in it. From 155 gr. SMK's to 190 grainers.
As far as I'm concerned the GAP rifle is "the schnitz"!

Wes
15 years 4 months ago #801

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!