Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Free floating Handguard for AR10

• Thank you received: 0

Free floating Handguard for AR10 was created by Roman4

Does anyone make a true free floating handguard for an Armalite AR10 carbine. Have a friend who took the heat shield out of the Surefire mid length model and it works well, but not free floating. Any and all advice is appreciated. Greysky
15 years 5 months ago #507

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by bigwheel on topic Re:Free floating Handguard for AR10

?
15 years 5 months ago #509

Replied by jmorg51 on topic Re:Free floating Handguard for AR10

Try Daniel Defense. They have a Mid,and Rifle length fore arm rail system that mounts on a barrel nut.

www.danieldefense.com

AR10 LITE RAILS
15 years 5 months ago #512

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re:Free floating Handguard for AR10

Yes, there are many companies that make a free float handguard for the AR-10. They include Armalite, Superior Weapon Systems, Badger Ordinance, and many more. For some reason are you saying that these are not 'true free floating'?

They do attach to the barrel nut... however, I would define free floating as any hand guard that does not contact the barrel at the gas block.
15 years 5 months ago #514

Replied by Roman4 on topic Re:Free floating Handguard for AR10

Sincere thanks for the information, sorry I didnt do my homework before posting. I searched Brownell's, Midway, Buffer tech, etc. with no results. I even called Brownells and talked to the sales rep and he had no suggestions. I like the look of the Daniel Defense system, appears sturdy but seems to have more parts than the Superior Weapons System.Any preferences to suggest from personal experience. Thanks again for the time and information. D. Clemmer
15 years 5 months ago #517

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!