Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

High ten, everyone!

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic High ten, everyone!

Hey Fred good to see your shooting. Nice target. In your post you said you could not get comfortable behind the rifle. Try dry firing in your living room from the different positions to find your natural point of aim in each position the more you do this. The easier it is to rebuild the position between shots and get comfortable. Anyway it looks like your settling in to that rifle fine. I look forward to more.
9 years 21 hours ago #44849

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 23

Replied by funfred on topic High ten, everyone!

It's not that I was uncomfortable so much as it was the terrain presenting a challenge for a good position. I wanted to be able to just lay there like a blob as I had done in the living room when mounting the scope, but it wasn't happening. Getting my upper body supported was the issue. Flat ground would have been a cure.
I just realized not previously mentioning that I was using the prone position.

Kinda can't wait to work my way through to offhand. Fifteen pounds empty. HAHAHA.

Once I know I have me and the package dialed in, I fully expect to challenge myself with some unconventional positions. I need to know at those times that any misses are me and not the gun.

I guess the next post on the topic will be in a more appropriate thread. I've been milkin' this one pretty well. lol
9 years 20 hours ago #44856

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic High ten, everyone!

Fred that is defiantly the reality of real shooting. Sounds like you are on point. rock and roll.
9 years 5 hours ago #44868

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic High ten, everyone!

The last unconventional position I wanted to try got me slapped and the wife told me to wash my mouth out with soap. Wait, we are talking about shooting? Oh.
8 years 11 months ago #44871

• Thank you received: 23

Replied by funfred on topic High ten, everyone!

Yes...shooting loads.

You could catch the load in your hand then fling it at her as you extend your fingers...pretend you're Spiderman. :lol:
8 years 11 months ago #44873

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!