Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

At it again

• Thank you received: 147

At it again was created by Akai

Obama Bans Russian-Made AKs with Executive Order 13662
Posted by Scott Stevens on Thursday, July 17, 2014 · 18 Comments
ak47banned
Scott Stevens
Do you have a Russian manufactured AK style rifle or shotgun on order, or were you thinking about purchasing one? Not any more! Today, the U.S. Department of The Treasury has announced the president’s latest executive order (Executive Order 13662),slapping more sanctions on Russia for the Ukraine crisis. Today, the OFAC (The Office of Foreign Assets Control) is introducing sanctions targeting specific persons or entities. Among the names listed in these sanctions is one very familiar to almost all of us gun owners: Kalashnikov Concern and Izhmash R&D. Of course, Kalashnikov manufactures the original AK variants and Izhmash manufactures AK variants under the Saiga name. Below is the exact wording of this specific line item in this sanction:
KALASHNIKOV CONCERN (a.k.a. CONCERN KALASHNIKOV; a.k.a. IZHEVSKIY MASHINOSTROITEL’NYI ZAVOD OAO; f.k.a. IZHMASH R&D CENTER; f.k.a. JSC NPO IZHMASH; f.k.a. NPO IZHMASH OAO; a.k.a. OJSC CONCERN KALASHNIKOV; f.k.a. OJSC IZHMASH; f.k.a. SCIENTIFIC PRODUCTION ASSOCIATION IZHMASH JOINT STOCK COMPANY), 3, Derjabin Pr., Izhevsk, Udmurt Republic 426006, Russia; Registration ID 1111832003018 [UKRAINE2].
Although the international community thinks these sanctions are aimed at intimidating the Russian Federation into removing itself from the Ukraine, I believe that there is a more sinister side to this EO. The president thus far has been relatively unsuccessful in passing firearm-related bans, registrations, etc. and he has made multiple threats that he would use his pen if the “people” (we, being the “people” he is referring to) didn’t give him what he wants. What better way to stop a certain importation of firearms than by slapping sanctions on the manufacturers? Still, none of the mainstream outlets have picked up on this as of yet. The Blaze is the first one to have seemingly caught it and reported it late last night/early this morning. If you were not already aware, there is a push to ban the importation of all Russian-made ammunition (7.62×39, 7.62×54, Russian Makarov, etc.) as well.
We all know what two issues this will cause, and I would not be surprised if we did not see an immediate response to one of these as early as today. The jump in the prices of Russian manufactured firearms and Russian made ammunition. But, here is the concern regarding the firearms already in stock: The sense so far of this sanction seems that it may even include the immediate banning of any sales of stock already in stores in the United States right now. No grandfathering anything manufactured by Kalashnikov or by Izhmash. Even if a person has one on order or on layaway, the concern is that these firearms will now be sanctioned. Sales for Century and Arsenal made AK variants, as well as others, will explode, and the prices are sure to hit the ceiling. The second part of this equation, of course, is the ammunition. It has not been affected yet, but I am certain it is not far behind.
Here is the link to the U.S. Department of The Treasury’s announcement of this sanction:

Stay tuned… there will certainly be more to follow! Stay focused!
AKAI
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51
9 years 10 months ago #41043

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic At it again

Think I will start flipping AK's and Tula ammo. Good retirement income.
9 years 10 months ago #41044

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic At it again

Note the date: March 20, 2014

I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, hereby expand the scope of the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13660 of March 6, 2014, and expanded by Executive Order 13661 of March 16, 2014, finding that the actions and policies of the Government of the Russian Federation, including its purported annexation of Crimea and its use of force in Ukraine, continue to undermine democratic processes and institutions in Ukraine; threaten its peace, security, stability, sovereignty, and territorial integrity; and contribute to the misappropriation of its assets, and thereby constitute an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States. Accordingly, I hereby order:

Section 1. (a) All property and interests in property that are in the United States, that hereafter come within the United States, or that are or hereafter come within the possession or control of any United States person (including any foreign branch) of the following persons are blocked and may not be transferred, paid, exported, withdrawn, or otherwise dealt in: any person determined by the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State:

www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014...-contributing-situat
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by OleCowboy.
9 years 10 months ago #41046

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic At it again

I personally have never owned nor have any desire to do own any of the products...BUT, this is just wrong IMO...
9 years 10 months ago #41047

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic At it again

Last I checked we still have good relations with Bulgaria, who make a heck of a high quality line of AK based firearms. Plus the Serbs, Croatians, Poles, Egyptians, and Finnish are more than glad to sell us AK versions of varying quality, not to mention all the ammo our charge cards can handle. As Putin has declared that arms sales to US consumers is funding the Russian Army's modernization efforts, maybe it is a good thing to slow the revenue stream down.
9 years 10 months ago #41050

Replied by Akai on topic At it again

One by one :angry: That way it won't be such a surprise when there all gone :dry: and IMHO it's not going to be just AK's but all firearms :mad: My worry is when :ban: :banghead: :bow: :dual:
AKAI
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51, OleCowboy
9 years 10 months ago #41055

Replied by Akai on topic At it again

I'm thinking the same at least the extra ones, remember when ya could by the kits for under $70.00 and always wanted a nice FN
AKAI
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Akai.
9 years 10 months ago #41056

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!