Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Remodeling workers

• Thank you received: 529

Remodeling workers was created by OleCowboy

Plumbers, electricians and carpenters: As this is a ‘studs out remodel almost everything is out in the open.

I have remodeled 8 homes some from the walls out, added rooms, redone plumbing, built decks, installed windows, doors you name it.

1) I want a conversion from Copper to PEX

2) New panel, clean up wiring runs

3) Raise ceiling, raise and position beam

Carpenters: Reasonable price for work $50 per hr, take some degree of pride, work hard, very friendly want to do a good job

Electricians: Expensive $60 per hr, but not overly so, take some pride in their work, friendly, mostly want to do a good job

Plumbers: OUT-FRIGGIN-RAEGOUS: $500 per hr plus parts, take massive amounts of hand holding, long discussions on what needs to be done, LOW INFO voters, want to argue with you, constant fall back on ‘it has to be done to code’ which is plumber talk for ’that is how I do it right or wrong’, massive mark up on parts, at least 300% and beyond, no such thing as written bid, bill of materials list only a stupid smile thru bad teeth saying don’t worry its all included. Ask ‘what exactly does the code say?’ “It says to do it this way!” Low price, good deal with military discount is $2000 per day + parts. Ask for a bill of materials and the std reply is “whats dat”, don’t have my receipts with me, office has them, did not get one.

Test for being a certified Master Plumber. 2 questions, not sure of the order, but the answer are:
a) Payday is on Friday

b) Chit don’t flow uphill

ALL want cash, most don’t take credit cards, plumbers prefer no checks, no receipt, no bill. Tell the plumber up front you want bill of materials and receipts and a receipt for the job when done, the plumber does not show up.

What a nightmare dealing with them...
9 years 10 months ago #41045

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!