Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

What setup for a Ar15 5.56?

• Thank you received: 0

What setup for a Ar15 5.56? was created by Smitty_nct

Not really sure which board to post this on... I just recently bought my AR10, but I also want to get a 15 before something happens and they get banned. What manufacture would you recommend? Build it yourself or buy it already built?
9 years 7 months ago #42076

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic What setup for a Ar15 5.56?

I build them myself. :usa:

There is no shortage of AR15 parts and companies like Brownells offer a wide variety of quality components to fit every possible requirement. :twothumbs:
9 years 7 months ago #42077

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic What setup for a Ar15 5.56?p

It depends on what you want. A build will teach you more about what makes your gun tick. Plus you can have exactly what you want. If you are not inclined to build, I would look at this deal on an Armalite M15. Their 5.56 quality is among the best, every bit as good as their AR 10's. And this is the best price on them I have seen.
www.cdnnsports.com/armalite-m15-a4-223-1...ge.html#.VBI3iGK9KK0
9 years 7 months ago #42080

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic What setup for a Ar15 5.56?p

I built the lower for my most recent rifle;

www.ar10t.com/forums/members-only-area/1...s-build?limitstart=0

I'm still adding and upgrading parts, I'm getting what I wanted but odds are it would have been cheaper to just buy a rifle outright but.... I think I'll build another. For quality and customer service Armalite can't be beat in my book.
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 7 months ago #42081

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic What setup for a Ar15 5.56?

What do you have in mind for use. How many rounds / what range/ purpose/price range.
9 years 7 months ago #42088

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Smitty_nct on topic What setup for a Ar15 5.56?

www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/s...hanced-od-green.aspx

How about a Sig? For general purpose plinking and shooting ground hogs every now and then
9 years 7 months ago #42104

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic What setup for a Ar15 5.56?

Smitty I am partial to Rock River Arms, they are some of the most accurate rifles being produced in the AR family. Over on the Hide you can look up the challenges in the semiauto forum and see rock river has several rifles in the top ten and they are not custom jobs they are bone stock. I own several and am happy with them all. If your looking for a sub MOA gun look no further.
9 years 7 months ago #42107

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic What setup for a Ar15 5.56?

I've been impressed with my Sig PM400. The only malfunction I've seen has been a few FTF from a Surefire 100 round mag. It has given me pretty consistent 1 1/2 to 2 MOA groups out to 200 yards, once in awhile I manage a sub-MOA group. The fit and finish is excellent. The biggest fault for Sigs as I see it are the triggers, hard and gritty, I replaced it with an SSA and have loved it.
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 7 months ago #42110

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!