Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Some folks like dogs...

• Thank you received: 78

Some folks like dogs... was created by That_Guy

I have an overwhelming fear of spiders that may or may not cause me to burn down holiday decorations. Well, I was talking to a gentleman at the pet store when I was picking up supplies for a different pet (more on that in a sec) when he suggested a way for me to get over my fear. He started showing me videos on his phone of trapdoor spiders. At first I was like "Hell mother #%!$*%! no!" but the more I watched, the more they intrigued me. So, pretty much he talked me into buying an African Red Trapdoor spider... If you have never seen one before, prepare thy self for what can only be described as "the most terrifying spider ever".

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

I know right, freakin' horrifying. But the way they hunt is seriously amazing to watch.

So I ordered that as well as my other pet which is... this

Not nearly as scary as the spider. I've always loved scorpions. They are actually the only arachnid that I've never been afraid of. Was going to get a camel spider... but I cannot find anyone who is selling them and apparently they don't live long.

I'm really excited to get these bad boys here. I'm a little nervous about the trapdoor as it's one of the more aggressive spiders (as seen in third video). Luckily, the venom isn't strong enough to send me to the hospital lol. Not too worried about the scorpion since the sting is about equal to a bee or wasp. Whenever they arrive I will post pictures of the enclosures and hopefully get a video of them feeding.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, NightForce
9 years 7 months ago #42309

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Some folks like dogs...

rule of thumb: the bigger the scorpion's claws, the less poisonous they are.
9 years 7 months ago #42310

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic Some folks like dogs...

Son, you buy all the spiders and scorpions you can get your hands on!
9 years 7 months ago #42316

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Some folks like dogs...

Yep, that will be fewer I have to step on!
I'd be short on sleep with those in the house, getting up every few minutes to make sure they were still in their cage :unsure:
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 7 months ago #42318

• Thank you received: 78

Replied by That_Guy on topic Some folks like dogs...

Thought I'd update! Got a great video of her feeding. She is a very large female with about 3/4" fangs.Never mind the annoying music, I was watching the Tremors marathon (fitting, given the situation the cricket was in lol) and got the video on a commercial....

The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
9 years 6 months ago #42733

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!