Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Pitched an idea to MDT

• Thank you received: 78

Pitched an idea to MDT was created by That_Guy

So, recently Modular Driven Technologies posted on their Facebook page "What would you change on our LSS chassis?". Reading through the comments, several people mentioned that they would like a wider, longer fore end. That got me thinking. The thing that separates MDT chassis systems from the rest is the ability to use standard AR parts for max configuration. Well, that's almost accurate. Really, you can only use AR stocks and grips, making the customization kinda limited (for the LSS anyway). So I came up with the idea to use any standard AR free float handguard as well. That would make the customization possibilities nearly endless. People can get whatever fore end length they want and the ability to add accessories/change look of their rifle. There are no chassis systems on the market like this, and I think it would be a great seller. Hell, I know I'd buy it in a flash. Anyway, I drew up this design in MS Paint (forgive the crudeness, I am not an engineer or artist) and sent it to them. They thought it was a good idea and passed it on to their development team to look at. I don't know it that means anything, but I hope they take it seriously. What do you guys think, would you buy this chassis system if you were in the market?

The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
9 years 6 months ago #42916

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Pitched an idea to MDT

Anything that makes a system more modular and flexible is big these days, so yes it makes sense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: That_Guy
9 years 6 months ago #42917

Replied by That_Guy on topic Pitched an idea to MDT

The possibilities are endless! I hope they take it seriously.

9 years 6 months ago #42926

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Got a reply from one of the developers!

Email-

Me-To whom it may concern-

First let me begin by saying I'm a huge fan of your company. Your systems are the best. However, I have been thinking about what could make your LSS chassis even better than it already is, and came up with the idea to utilize standard AR15 free float handguards. The customization would be nearly endless. I think this would really be a popular chassis system. No other chassis on the market would come close to being as customizable. The only thing I could think of that would limit this chassis is barrel diameter and scope height. With the handguard installed the user would not be able to use a barrel larger than 1" and taller scope rings might be needed for clearance. I think this would be a great seller. As you can see in the basic concept I attached, the area the guard attaches to, splits for easy rifle installation. Locating pins would keep the parts aligned while the installer screws down the 4 Allen screws to secure it in place. Then a handguard could then be slid over the barrel and threaded onto the attachment point. I think many people would love this as an option, I know I would. I would love to hear what you think about this idea.

Thanks for any reply,

Richard

Me- Or, it could be a separate chassis from the LSS, giving customers 3 chassis to choose from. In this design I added a taller base, (which you could manufacture to be sold separately or included with the chassis). I call it the E.M.S.S. Extremely Modular Sniper System

Maarten- Richard, thank you very much for this. We have kicked the idea around in the past, but never done much with it. We are releasing quite a few new products over the next few months. After that, we will look at this closer! If we end up doing something similar, we'll send you one!

Great work. Where about are you located?

Maarten Van Ruitenburg
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, Siscowet
9 years 6 months ago #42936

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Pitched an idea to MDT

That might convince me to get a bolt gun.......might.
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: That_Guy
9 years 6 months ago #42937

Haha I'm the opposite. You'd be hard pressed to get me to pick up a semi auto over a bolt action. The only semi auto rifle I own now is a .22 haha. However, I do want to build an AR10
9 years 6 months ago #42940

Continued:

Me- Thank you! I know some people wanted a longer fore end on the LSS and I thought this would remedy that, while also adding to the ergonomics and customization level. I live in XXXXXXXXX Indiana, a small town near Kentucky. Thanks again. I have followed the company since the start and love to see it becoming one of the top names on the market.

Richard

Maarten- Thanks for being a superfan :)

In December we will have a solution for the longer fore ends.

If you lived close by.... we may have offered you a job :)

Maarten Van Ruitenburg
9 years 6 months ago #42941

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!