Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Worst Anti-Gun PSA… Ever

• Thank you received: 529

Worst Anti-Gun PSA… Ever was created by OleCowboy

Brace Yourself for the Worst Anti-Gun PSA… Ever

The anti-gun crowd, it seems, has a particular penchant for unintended self-defeat. We all remember the Mike Bloomberg commercial that inadvertently made the women on “The View” realize the benefits of gun ownership… Well, we now have a new running candidate for the worst anti-gun commercial in recent memory: (HT: NRO)

]
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by OleCowboy.
9 years 4 months ago #43772

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Worst Anti-Gun PSA… Ever

:dry: :huh: I guess with my mindset it just doesn't make sense, no clear message there. I'm thinking that boy would get an ass whoopin if he were mine......should be kicked out of school for good as well.
If this is their idea of a convincing message then I feel a little better about keeping my guns ;)
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 4 months ago #43774

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Worst Anti-Gun PSA… Ever

My only take away, is "lock your guns".
9 years 4 months ago #43785

Only problem with that is a locked gun is near worthless in a self defense situation.
I think the answer is more hands on training with younger kids not isolating them from guns. A North Dakota State study would seem to back up that principle;

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1284528/pdf/15669410.pdf
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Libertarian623
9 years 4 months ago #43786

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Worst Anti-Gun PSA… Ever

I concur JT, my kids see guns as a tool. Like a hammer, iron or a washing machine. They have there purpose, and that's it . They are allowed to handle them anytime they want with supervision, but they have tired of the safety procedures, cleaning , drills and functions checks that come with the proper use of firearms. If you set out a football and a firearm next to each other in a deserted field I am pretty sure they would pick up the football.
9 years 4 months ago #43794

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic Worst Anti-Gun PSA… Ever

The people who made this ad have set themselves up for an old-fashion ass-whoopin:

"In the real world, such an act would result in the boy facing numerous felony charges (exact charges depend on state laws) possibly including weapons theft, unlawful possession of a weapon by a minor, illegal concealed carry of a weapon, carrying a weapon onto
school property, assault, and brandishing."

There’s also the very real chance that someone could be hurt or killed by an accidental discharge of the gun. Meanwhile, back at home, somebody kicks in the door and mom reaches for the handgun she bought to protect herself from that stalker at work .....

If even one child follows their "advice" they have opened themselves up for a lawsuit of truly huge proportions!
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
9 years 4 months ago #43802

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Worst Anti-Gun PSA… Ever

:I-agree: :I-agree: :I-agree: :I-agree: :I-agree: :ohmy: :twothumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :dance:
9 years 4 months ago #43803

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Worst Anti-Gun PSA… Ever

Prob not gonna happen.

Children drowning I guess is a problem in the US. Unlike my growing up when i was taught to swim by the time I was 5 or maybe even earlier...today we approach the problem from a different view point. Build a fence around the pool, no opening wider than 4 in, fence at least 5 ft tall, locking gate and alarms on all the doors not facing the front of the house....think there is a major push for kids to learn to swim....not hardly
9 years 4 months ago #43812

I'm reminded of the "swim test" I had to pass at about 4 years old before grandpa would let me go fishing. He told me to paddle just like the dog did then tossed me in the pond.
I made it back to shore so I got to go fishing on my own. :woohoo:
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 4 months ago #43813

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Worst Anti-Gun PSA… Ever

LOL based upon our age differences, that was my DADDY, yep, same thing...
9 years 4 months ago #43832

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!