Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Honolulu shooting ranges.

• Thank you received: 547

Honolulu shooting ranges. was created by Siscowet

Just got back from two weeks in Hawaii. Had a great time, but was told that we needed to throw a virgin in a volcano to appease the fire gods, but we couldn't find any on the whole island. :whistle:
Seriously, while I was in Honolulu, I saw an add for a shooting range right downtown,so I wandered in. Lo and behold, the cheapest gun rental was for four different firearms, and a 100 rounds for $329! I just about croaked! After I left, I noticed that every street corner had someone handing out fliers for shooting ranges. It took me a while, but I finally figured out why. The large number of tourists from Japan and China cannot posess or shoot firearms in their home countries, so for them it is the opportunity to partake of "forbidden fruit" and happily blast away.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Libertarian623
9 years 2 months ago #44224

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Honolulu shooting ranges.

all over Asia there is a perception of America, where in there eyes we are all just a bunch of Cowboys walking around armed with revolvers all the time. They develop this from all the action movies (made in America)they see that portray us in this way. I thought it was rather comical when you would get questioned about it. Some of the ideas they had made me laugh.
9 years 2 months ago #44225

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by NAMVET1970 on topic Honolulu shooting ranges.

:I-agree: When the Navy would send me to Guam for 3 weeks, that was going on there, lots of Japanese would go to the clubs there to shoot. There was an article in the local newspaper one day about a guy(from Japan) at the range was shooting his pistol(cal. unknown) when a bee flew down the back of his shirt; yep his automatic reaction was to slap at his back with the same hand holding the pistol. He now has a second butt crack; shot himself in the A$$.
You can google it but it would have happened between 2000 & 2006 never returned after that.
So I guess Hawaii is cashing in on that now too.

Bill
9 years 1 month ago #44281

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!