Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

JT, this ones is for you...

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic JT, this ones is for you...

It can work, but like the kurds do, they would have to be separate units and special individuals.
9 years 5 days ago #44864

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic JT, this ones is for you...

Think back, remember when the Israelis did it? Yep, fulle women into all combat units. Well they don't do it any more, epic fail...DRAMA like a TV soap opera. BUT they pulled the women out and put them in separate combat units and they SHINE...good on them.
9 years 4 days ago #44872

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic JT, this ones is for you...

I have no doubt that women can be effective fighters.....in the right circumstance. Threaten family and I promise my Mother, Wife, Daughter, and Granddaughter will all shoot and shoot accurately. Should they be flown to a foreign land to fight????
I hope we are not that desperate yet....
The Israelis and the Kurds have something in common, they are fighting for their existence as a people! In that case it is all hands on deck.
I'm old fashioned but I just don't see the need for America to send women into combat yet,
not even close. For the US this is all about social engineering, not survival :twocents:
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: OleCowboy
9 years 4 days ago #44874

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic JT, this ones is for you...

Not yet.
9 years 4 days ago #44875

That is called a BINGO!
9 years 3 days ago #44876

NATIONAL SECURITY
Social Engineers and Marine IOC Standards
By Charles Paige · Apr. 23, 2015

The Marine Corps' recently concluded two-plus-year experiment at its Infantry Officers Course (IOC) demonstrated (yet again) that there are significant physiological differences between males and females that make males better candidates to serve in leadership roles in ground combat units. We know it’s politically incorrect to say so, but there it is.

Twenty-seven female volunteers for the program fell far short of the goal of 100; four made it past the first day, and none — zip, zero, nada — made it even a third of the way through the 86-day course. This was not a surprise to anyone who has served in or with Marine infantry units, but apparently it was a revelation to many on the Left. Yet it hasn’t stopped their quest to “fix” what isn’t broken.

As many predicted, the bold talk about equal opportunity — how scores of capable women would be serving in the infantry if only they were provided the same opportunities as males — quickly shifted to one of equal outcomes — how the standards are somehow unfair and should be lowered until an “adequate” number of females can pass the course. Never mind that a significant chunk of males don’t make it through the course and that the existing standards have undoubtedly contributed to the Marine Corps' well-documented prowess on the battlefield. To leftists, the Marine Corps has a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell female infantry officers.

Advocates of the lower standards use their favorite nanny state “I know what’s best for you” argument. Despite most of them not having combat experience themselves, they assert they know better than the Marine Corps what’s really required to lead Marines on the modern battlefield. But a note: Leading implies a higher standard than simply being a Marine — even a Marine infantryman — though both are noteworthy accomplishments.

These social engineers argue the requirement to fight and win battles in “any clime and place” is out of date and should be dumped in favor of a lowest-common-denominator approach. The reason? Because a handful of females performed admirably in the challenging-but-limited combat environments in Afghanistan and Iraq. But isn’t it ironic that many of the same crowd who love to bash George W. Bush for his “failures” in Iraq and Afghanistan now want to use those wars as the benchmark for how we should train for future conflicts?

None of this is to belittle women or denigrate their admirable service in all branches of the military. But it is to say that standards are meant to serve both the Marines and the country, and a Corps-wide policy that’s been validated through decades of combat should not be modified based on the performance of a few outliers in one theater of war. As Marine Brigadier General George Smith stated, “The realities of combat aren’t going to change based on gender.”

Over time, technology and physiology may evolve to the point that females can meet the same standards as their male counterparts. Until then, however, we don’t recommend placing this military branch and potentially the nation at great risk in a misguided attempt to make a very small percentage of a certain demographic feel better about themselves.

patriotpost.us/articles/34790
9 years 3 days ago #44877

Looks like all the women left had the reset button pushed;

www.armytimes.com/story/military/careers...ol-recycle/26984151/

Wonder how many ground hog days it will take for them to tap out........
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 11 months ago #44927

When I was in ROTC we had slots for Ranger school. Not sure how folks were picked, but I got called in and told told by our COL that I was not considered due to my combat experience. So instead of me our TOP guy was picked. He left before I did that summer and was back in short order before I headed out to Ft Riley where I went thru RECONDO training and was #1 in the class.

So the word was on Pedro that he got hurt, but later the real story was he tapped out in week !. We also had some RA slots up for grabs. Again Col Brogan calls me in and tells me, he gave the RA slot to Pedro, I said nothing about his tapping out in Ranger school. Me and him grad about the same time, he in May, me in Aug. I come across his IOBC at Ft Benning, never forget, he is standing in the hall, looking down and I say, Pedro is that you. He looks up, SOB got tears in his eyes. He had just got word he tells me that he was going to have to stay in for 3 or 4 years...he was a scholarship guy so he got books titration paid for and he had got RA commission...and the mofo is trying to tap out of IOBC. Heard later from some of the other guys I knew where were class with him, he ended up getting out on a mental thing.

I remember the A-hole form ROTC, he was a jerk.

My Col, never went back to see him. I applied for MI and he called me in and told me we only had some many slots for MI, but all MI officers went thru IOBC, so if I pass on the MI slot and go Inf then I can branch transfer as soon as I get there...EZ he said.

That was my first interaction with a full bull and I realized whether on purpose or he believed all the crap he was telling me, it was a bag of it. Looking back over '72='94 I can count one hand the COL I met I would work for again, what a bunch of pompous jerks who #1 concern is their day dream of making Flag grade.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by OleCowboy.
8 years 11 months ago #44929

You can be pretty sure there is a full bird or two counting on being involved in tabbing a women to get there star..........
I drove for a Col. Taylor, 2nd brigade, 24 inf. div. commander. I kinda liked his style. He said what he wanted and expected it done without hearing the details, had a bunch of Majors eager to clean up any messes I made taking care of the Colonel. General Gavin was the Div. CO and Schwarzkopf was the 18th corp CO. I loved being there when Schwarzkopf was around, he ate Colonels for a snack!
Wonder what these old salts would have thought of a tabbed women.........
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 11 months ago #44930

I worked for Swartz as at FOA (Field Operating Agency) when he was HQDADCSOPNS, he was gruff, hard ball, focused on the mission and yes he did eat O6's alive...one might note that he did serve a CJCS, he turned it down, he was a combat soldier thru and thru, no paper pusher.

Speaking of eating Col..LT Gen Butch Saint when he took over as III Corp CO at Ft Hood we spent a day in briefings. Mostly went good as his primary staff briefed upon the stage. Then we got to COL Belcher ( I knew him socially and a little bit of coord with his office at G-3. Col B was NOT prepared at all, he started out stepping on his dong and it went down hill from there. Finally about half way thru, Butch exploded out of his seat and ran up to the stage and told him to lean down, he did and Butch grabbed him by the stacking swivel, almost ripping off his fatigue shirt buttons. Told him he would brief him again at 1700 in his office and he dam well better be prepared.

I called over the next to see if the Col was in and I got he was out of the office. So the next day I swung by his house on post and there was a moving van out front, wife told me left out the day before on his way to HQDA to try and save his career, too late, he retired. Saint was no Saint, luck had it I was a Cpt and he treated us dam good, but Cols and LTC's their careers were on the line.
8 years 11 months ago #44933

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!