Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Project Red Rocket- An Epic Adventure

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Project Red Rocket- An Epic Adventure

That second generation coupe matches the body style but no mention of the RS badge? The suspension sounds right but mine had an aluminium block and heads as well as 4 wheel disc brakes and sway bars the size of my wrist, well not that thick but they were stout! I ran the dog shit outa that car!
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 8 months ago #45711

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Project Red Rocket- An Epic Adventure

Dude! Sorry I haven't chimed in earlier, but what a great project. My son drives a Mazda Speed Six turbo four and wants to buy a used Miata with the vague idea to do similar to what you are doing. The LS6 is beautiful! This will give you something Hotter then the Old Shelby Cobras. What are you thinking for tires?
Also, any extra sway bars for keeping that weight on the road around corners? I don't know if any oversize ceramic brakes are available for Miatas, but that is a thought as well. I am thinking about putting an A and A supercharger kit in my 04 Corvette convertible. Would give me about 495 rear wheel horsepower. Right now I sit at 3,300 pounds.
The following user(s) said Thank You: That_Guy
8 years 8 months ago #45712

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 78

Replied by That_Guy on topic Project Red Rocket- An Epic Adventure

testire.com/tire-goodyear-eagle-f1-gs-d3-195-50-r15-v/

These are the tires that are going on the little monster. Right now I'm running the same size but in a less sticky/cheaper tire. It should be good (well I hope as that's the widest I can go) to deliver the power and to keep me in decent shape in the twists. The suspension is already upgraded to heavy duty racing suspension (will be raising slightly. Previous owner has it lowered 3" :pinch: ) but I will also be adding poly bushings in select areas and replacing the sway bars for thicker/stiffer ones. Car gets a total of 8 braces to stiffen the whole vehicle. So my body flex will be nill. Am definitely upgrading brakes to the Flyin' Miata big brake kit with really good pads. Car should hit 60mph in around 3-3.5 seconds hahaha That is if I can get it to hook. If your son plans on doing this, planning is the absolute key. I have a binder with instructions, diagrams, torque specs, parts, and the Miata repair manual as a sort of bible. Information gathering and learning is also crucial. Knowing the right people to help is also a good strategy haha. My grandfather was a certified welder, he will be doing all the welding for me. I'm trading an AR to a guy who designs wiring harness for Catipillar so he can do the wiring for me. I know a couplw of body guys that will be doing the painting for me as well. But, most of the big stuff will be done at the hands of myself and a few good buddies.
8 years 8 months ago #45715

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic Project Red Rocket- An Epic Adventure

I had a '92 Thunderbird SuperCoupe with a 5-speed and a supercharger (the "Super" part of the model name). The thing was awesome, but a nightmare to service. You didn't have to actually pull the engine to change the #6 plug (but almost!).
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Charlie. Reason: quotes
8 years 8 months ago #45716

This message has an attachment image.

It has arrived :woohoo: I'm like a kid on Christmas morning. I hate that all I can do is look at it... Still need a lot more parts. Will have another update before long.

8 years 8 months ago #45720

This message has attachments images.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Project Red Rocket- An Epic Adventure

That is one badass engine! :twothumbs:
8 years 8 months ago #45761

All that's left for the engine is the harnesses and transmission mounting kit!

Also replaced the blacked out turn signals with turn signal intakes. This will help keep the compartment cool as well as give me noticible turn signals. The other signals were so dark you couldn't see them.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Libertarian623
8 years 8 months ago #45776

This message has attachments images.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!