Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

GG, how is Elk season going?

• Thank you received: 547

GG, how is Elk season going? was created by Siscowet

Can't hunt elk in Wisconsin, and my friends are off to Montana and Colorado chasing them, so I thought I would see how your season is going.
8 years 6 months ago #46253

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 57

Replied by JustMe on topic GG, how is Elk season going?

Nothing yet. Just fixing shooting stands, Bush hogging, and tuning my rifle. Probably won't deer hunt until thanksgiving when rifle season starts. Dove season is in now and may do some of that. Archery just started but I'm too busy remodeling my home to have time.
8 years 6 months ago #46255

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by GreyGoose on topic GG, how is Elk season going?

Went uo the CDA river a week ago and spend 3 days, fresh Elk sign was scarce, saw plenty of wolf sign and kills.
Went out locally and saw some cows but no bull yet (bulls only in ID).
So keep your fingers crossed and we'll post a pic when it happens!
What about you, you gonna find yourself a big Wisconsin bruzer and pack some venison in that freezer, if you need to make room I'll take the aquatic overstock off your hands! LOL!
8 years 6 months ago #46258

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic GG, how is Elk season going?

Gotta be honest, I am kinda sick of salmon right now. Grilled salmon, baked salmon, salmon patties, salmon spread for appetizer, smoked salmon, you get the idea. Brown trout are in now, but it is too darn windy to fish. I am passing on deer this year. The herd is really down. I hunt 1500 feet from my back door and usually get a Buck the first day. But I am the only one in our family who eats it, And I still have some in the freezer, so no deer for me this year, but grouse hunting has been good.
8 years 6 months ago #46262

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!