Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

M-LOC Hand Guards Pros & Cons

• Thank you received: 147

M-LOC Hand Guards Pros & Cons was created by Akai

Yep, deleted the Subject >"Venting"> Not trying to P.O. anyone off and if you have an issue with this PLEASE PM me Akai.
Now lets try this again, would appreciate any thoughts on the new M-Loc Handguards I for one personally like them. They are lightweight and smaller diameter and think in the long run would be cheaper.
Any thoughts from the rest of you!
AKAI
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarkM
8 years 5 months ago #46502

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic M-LOC Hand Guards Pros & Cons

As Akai touched upon, the diameter of the mlok and key mod rails are outstanding. The weight savings is also a great benefit. The major drawback is the price of the rail adapters. $30 plus for a darn little piece of rail section or a light mount.

I do see the keymod as a major plus over the old school fully railed handguard. No need for rail covers, and my hand appreciates the more natural roundish diameter compared the the squarish profile of a Larue
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akai
8 years 5 months ago #46503

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic M-LOC Hand Guards Pros & Cons

I paid $23.00 for mine, guess it might depend on the length. I also think that the longer their on the market the cheaper they will become with more companies jumping on board. also bought a rifle from them so that may have made a difference in the price too. Just had to have the new CMMG MUTANT still 7.62 but by 39 the first comment I heard was junk that round will drop like a rock!
Every round has its place and everyone has a favorite was my reply.
AKAI
8 years 5 months ago #46505

It seems as if the MLOK system is taking a lead on the KeyMod.
I still prefer the KeyMod, looks and function of the cutouts seem better to me.
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
8 years 5 months ago #46570

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by MarkM on topic M-LOC Hand Guards Pros & Cons

Though I'm someone with no first hand knowledge, I think Keymod has the most going for it. It has more of a positive locking feature that you know if it's locked or not. The M-Loc has more of a longitudal channel that you can't tell if it's locked unless you try to move the M-Loc'd item along the channel.
8 years 5 months ago #46574

Darn great points. Personally, I love to hear opinions of new people. Or at least people with new experiences toward a product. The unbiased thoughts and opinions are awesome.

Much thanks
G
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
8 years 5 months ago #46613

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by MarkM on topic M-LOC Hand Guards Pros & Cons

I have subsequently learned that these latest attachment methodologies suit many different uses, and more will come down the pike if they can show the path to a better system. These systems started this by offering choice. These have positive and negative traits on each side. Choice. The American Way. (jeez, that could be a tag line for the NRA. I think I deserve royalties)
8 years 2 months ago #47269

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!