Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

It followed me home. :-)

• Thank you received: 41

It followed me home. :-) was created by Charlie

I love my Armalite AR-10s. I am also a big fan pistol caliber carbines. Almost every day I kick myself for not picking up an H&K 94 back when they were cheap.

After the "Scary Sporting Rifle Ban" expired I got a Vector Uzi, and it was pretty cool. It was made on an IMI receiver, and indistinguishable from an IMI "B" carbine, but the Uzi is an antique, and it has a some issues.

1. Built like a rock. Also heavy as a rock.
2. Stock deployment and stowage is neither quick, nor intuitive.
3. Optics. Forget about optics.
4. No last round bolt hold open.

The CZ Scorpion EVO 3 looks like a good candidate, so I pestered CZ to make a carbine version. But no matter how much I wheedled and begged they denied any plans to make one, or to assist me in converting a Scorpion pistol to a carbine. That's when I learned that Sig Sauer was releasing a carbine version of the MPX.

I bought it from a seller in Minot, ND called "The Attic", and it was delivered to my FFL on Friday Dec 11. I picked it up the following Monday, but it wasn't until today that I got a chance to play with it.

This thing is slick as snail snot! It has a telescoping stock like the H&K 9X series, and its lightweight, modular, and cool. When I got the goodies installed on it I must have cleared the house half a dozen times before I could put it down. I can't wait to try it out at the range.

Getting the goodies installed required some thinking because this is my first Keymod product. The gizmo on the lower end of the shroud (hand stop?) went on easy enough (T-15 Torx screw. Driver not supplied). The Picatinny rail section went on next (also T-15 Torx). And then I was completely baffled by the handguard QD socket. It was the quintessential WTF moment.

A quick google and one representative pic later I was ready to install the socket. But it's an Allen screw, not Torx, and I have both sizes of Allen wrenches: Too big, and too small, in both American and metric. A couple of minutes with the too big size, a vise, and a flat mill bastard file corrected that deficiency.

Viola! I'll post a range report when I get a chance. Don't count on it being until the New Year. Retail, Christmas, and returns. Nuff said. :-)

Charlie

NOTE: About a week before I bought this carbine CZ released their carbine version of the Scorpion, but by then my mind was made up.
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Charlie.
8 years 3 months ago #46933

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic It followed me home. :-)

Sweet looking carbine, they have been getting great reviews on the SigTalk forum. Only negatives I've heard are complaints about magazines and other accessories not being available. Just a collapsible stock like yours recently sold on gunbroker for over $800 so they must be in short supply.
Better start getting 9mm by the 1,000 lot ;)
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 3 months ago #46939

Replied by Charlie on topic It followed me home. :-)

I think so, but don't actually know how it performs yet. I'm hoping that I can get out early-mid next week when the traffic slows down and try it out.

I wish I could get on the SigTalk forum. They don't like my yahoo email address. I mailed the moderator four days ago about that, but no reply. If you have some pull there please ask them to check their moderator mail.

TIA,
Charlie
8 years 3 months ago #46940

PM me your email and I'll see what they can do. I use a hotmail account so it shouldn't make much difference. The "other" sig forum will not let me sign up because of the hotmail address, g mail wouldn't work there either.

Charlie, tried to send you a PM but it asks me not to send my friend an empty message, tried it twice but it doesn't recognize my message :huh:
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by jtallen83.
8 years 3 months ago #46941

It worked for me. Message sent. :-)
8 years 3 months ago #46942

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic It followed me home. :-)

Get a free G-mail addy
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
8 years 3 months ago #46945

I have a gmail account. It's automatically forwarded to my yahoo account, but both are what some forum mods call "Throwaway accounts". I'm not sure why that is because I've had the yahoo acct for going on 30 years.

The type of account they are looking for is a work or utility address (@swepco, @comcast, @att). I have a couple of those, but they don't last longer than you're at that job or using that service. I also have an address at our brewing forum, but the upshot is that the yahoo address has outlived anything including the job I retired from after 38 years!

I like to keep all my eggs in one basket, so if the Sig forum folks don't like my yahoo address they can go suck eggs. :-)

Charlie
8 years 3 months ago #46960

"Sig Forum" won't take "free email accounts", they suck. Sig Talk forum will take any email, they don't suck.
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie
8 years 3 months ago #46961

Message received. I'm going to register ASAP.

Thanks,
Charlie
8 years 3 months ago #46962

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic It followed me home. :-)

SigForum sux......
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
8 years 3 months ago #46963

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!