Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

A2 Rear Sight Question

• Thank you received: 0

A2 Rear Sight Question was created by Hoss0013

Hey Y'all-
I can't seem to determine what the windage calibrations are on a standard A2 rear sight, 1 or ? moa? I haven't done a box sight test for myself (duh, there's an answer waiting to happen) to determine, but am curious if anyone knows the official calibration it's supposed to have. I'm really bent on keeping my AR10 (DPMS LR308AP4) with iron sights for it's field suitability and ruggedness; I can reliably crank it up to 350 yards, get substantially sub-moa groups, and bring it back to zero (I installed a KNS duplex cross-hair front sight, the D. Tubbs Carrier weight system, and increased power flat-wire spring; it consistently shoots and average 2520 f.p.s. with a factory rated 2600 168gr. BTHP Ultramax, believe it or not)so I'm happy with it as an "MBR". Short of going to a match quality rear sight set up with a known moa calibration, I'm curious as to what people think the standard A2 is set at. Thanks,
Hoss
15 years 2 months ago #1099

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!