Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Real newbie questions

• Thank you received: 0

Real newbie questions was created by bips357m

Hi all. I've just got the bug for an AR10 and would like to get one very soon. My LGS has 1 Sig 716 left, he got 10 and they flew out the door. Is it a good gun or should I spend a bit more and get an Armalite SASS? I also saw a like new Bushmaster for $1150 and would like to know if that is a good deal. I do plan on using a suppressor so the adjustable gas plug feature on the Sig is appealing, and the fact it takes Pmags. I understand the Armalite takes a different mag and maybe the Bushmaster also. I saw a couple of DPMS guns but they were very heavy and didn't have the features of the Sig or Armalite. I saw 1 Remington but something about it just didn't feel good. So, just looking for any and all input. Thanks
I guess to be correct, I should say I'm looking for a rifle based on the AR 10 platform or an AR 10 type rifle. :blush:
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by bips357m. Reason: clarification
12 years 3 weeks ago #11242

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Re: Real newbie questions

My advice is stick with the real, and only, AR-10. You will have great customer service backing you up for your lifetime with the weapon. My basic flat top can easily do 1 MOA, who knows what it can do with a real shooter on the trigger. If the P-mag thing is important Armalite is making a new model that takes them. I have had no issues with the regular Armalite GenII mags and you can get them in 25 rounders :) Sounds to me like a SASS would be the weapon for you with the adjustable gas block it is ready for a can.
LIBERTY FIRST!
12 years 3 weeks ago #11244

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!