Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Excellent Gunsmith on this board !

• Thank you received: 0

Excellent Gunsmith on this board ! was created by LM151

Folks

I recently had a complex AR 10 problem that could have destroyed the upper. The board member (MSH) looked it
over and had it diagnosed in about 5 min.

Once MSH had all the parts he had it fixed right away
he even did a tiny mod to the gas block so I could
regulate the the pressure. I think the gun was over gassed
in the first place so I was more than pleased.

MSH's workmanship was top notch and his price was more
than fair.

For those needing work on their ar10 give him a try I
think you will be pleased I know I am.

L Miller
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by LM151. Reason: spelling
15 years 1 month ago #1194

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by featherblue on topic Re:Excellent Gunsmith on this board !

Thanks for the recommendation. It's good to know who the good gun smiths are.

I am curious as to exactly what you mean by the the gas block mod to make it adjustable. Did he bore the gas block and install an adjustment screw?

-fb
15 years 1 month ago #1201

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by LM151 on topic Re:Excellent Gunsmith on this board !

He did indeed ,, its a small allen plug in the side of the gas block. Its a worth while mod and should save a few bolt catch.
15 years 1 month ago #1206

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by featherblue on topic Re:Excellent Gunsmith on this board !

Thanks LM. I may do this myself. I do not want to ship my rifle anywhere. Otherwise I would have MSH do the job.

I am guessing you would adjust the screw closed until the action will not cycle and then open it up a bit.

There is a guy on ARFCOM who sells buffers for AR10 rifles that everyone says are the best. His handle is "Slash".

-fb
15 years 1 month ago #1207

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:Excellent Gunsmith on this board !

To do this fix all I need is the gas tube and the gas manifold. You do not need the rifle. I also have one of those buffers but you may have miss what is going on in the A10s. The lower receivers are being damaged becausing the timming is off on a stock rifle gas system. The DPMS, Rem, and Knight varants are not prone to the damage because of thicker receiver material in the bolt catch area. I teach the students this and show the examples and its like a light bulb that turns on. Im not sure why Armalite done this and I have had several storys presented to me. There was almost a little reasion that I could see in each one of the explanitions. I have lots of companys that send me products to show in class, its a good form for them. If they are good or bad I show them, but the ones that will last and enhance the rifle I keep and show year after year. Also keep this in mind, some of these gas assisted buffers have got some guys KIA in the sandbox. They don't go from high heat to 20deg mountain temps very well. They are not allowed to switch buffers. I've been in the middle of an investigation on this for some time.MSH
15 years 1 month ago #1208

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!