Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

AR10A4BNMF

• Thank you received: 3

AR10A4BNMF was created by EndofDalton

Has anyone own one of these? If so, did you like. why or why not? Also, what was the best factory ammo you fired though it?
11 years 5 months ago #12910

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic AR10A4BNMF

Since you're a Marine, I'm gonna type slow and use small words (:twothumbs:)

I own one. The AR10A4 is probably the best value in big block ARs right now. Armalite gets a lot of the small details right, from staking the gas key to using good quality barrels.

Armalite's literature states that this carbine is a 2-2.5 MOA gun. I think this is understated. In stock form, using 147 gr FMJ (M80 equivalent) I was getting 1.5 MOA groups at 100m. With 168 gr Federal Gold Medal Match (M118) I could group 1.0-1.25. I then free floated the barrel and with 175 gr FGMM (M118LR) grouped about .75-.85 at 100, and was putting hand-sized groups together at 500m. I was also using a 2.5-10x scope, let me add.

The trigger, Armalite's NM unit is good, not great. It's got a little bit of creep in the first stage, but the let-off is clean and there's very little over-travel. Reset is quick and crisp.

I like the 16" barrel, it's long enough to get out to 800m reliably, but the sweet-spot for it (mine, anyways) is 400-600m.

If you're looking for a good, GP .308 AR without breaking the bank, the AR10B A4 or the new AR10A A4 is hard to beat.

Thanks for your continued service and keep up the fire!

Leb
RLTW
11 years 5 months ago #12911

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!