Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

new barrel for my AR10T in .260

• Thank you received: 0

new barrel for my AR10T in .260 was created by BERGA

I ordered a Lilja AR1024 barrel from Dan Lilja his web site says that his barrel is fitted with a DPMS type extension and will headspace properly with "all known bolts other than a Knights" I installed the barrel on my AR10T,at 50 ftlbs the hole lined up, bolted on a JP gas block and headed to the range. The load was a proven load in my factory .260 barrel but when I fired the brass ejected and was covered in black carbon from some blow by gas. I was bummed. The chrony was reading 108 fps slower than my factory tube gave me with the same load. That's half the problem, the other is the bullets are getting deformed from the steep angle at which they are feeding. They are slamming into the barrel face and shearing the tip off on the contact side.
Is it possible to have a DPMS barrel extension work with my AR BCG ? and could the difference also cause the feeding issue as well as the blow by gas /headspace issue ?
11 years 5 months ago #13018

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic new barrel for my AR10T in .260

There are differences bewtween Armalites and DPMS/Knight's pattern rifles. If the barrel extension was labeled as a DPMS-type, chances are it won't work in an Armalite, due to differences in the barrel nut. There are also some deminsional differences in the interior of the upper and lower receivers, this might account for the damage to the rounds as they enter the chamber.

Call/e-mail either Lilja or Armalite and talk to a tech rep and see what they have to sy. They may have a work-around solution for you.
RLTW
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by LebbenB.
11 years 5 months ago #13025

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!