Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Scope Mount

• Thank you received: 3

Scope Mount was created by EndofDalton

I am planning on buying a Nightforce 3.5-15x 50 ( any good reviews on this?) and I'm looking at mounts for it... any body have a good idea for which mount I should buy? and this is going on my 10A4BNMF
11 years 5 months ago #13019

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Scope Mount

Sounds like you're spending some of that deployment money, LOL. You can't go wrong with a Nightforce scope, they're some of the best out there. As for mounts, I'm a fan of one-piece mounts with QD levers because they can be mounted/dismounted with little to no loss of zero. Check out American Defense Manufacturing (ADM), Bobro, and - of course - LaRue Tactical. Scope tubes are either 1", 30mm or 34mm in diameter. Make sure you know the diameter of the scope tube prior to ordering/buying your mount or rings so you get a proper fit.

Mounts/rings also have a height, usually expressed as low, medium, high, and extra high. The height refers to the height of the optic over the bore. Two things to think about here. First, the scope must sit tall enough for the objective lens (Also referred to as the "bell" of the scope) to clear the forend of the rifle but not be so tall that you lose elevation adjustment range. The other thing to consider is your cheekweld. A scope that's set up too high may cause you to adjust your cheekweld to a point that's not repeatable shot to shot and your accuracy suffers accordingly.

Once you get your stick sorted out, throw a pic up. I'd like to see it.
RLTW
11 years 5 months ago #13024

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Scope Mount

all I would add is get turrets that match the reticle, mil/mil or moa/moa. zero stop and first focal plane are really good ideas too.

on the larue mounts, the ones cut for AR15s have 5moa elevation, the mounts that are .308 AR specific have 10moa.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
11 years 5 months ago #13051

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Scope Mount

LaRue and ADM would be my recommendations on mounts. I'm using the Burris PEPR QD mount, it has been OK but the latches are stretching some so I have to keep adjusting it. The only time my groups have opened up with my AR-10 was due to a loose latch, I get the feeling it may stretch to far some day. With that top of the line scope you just as well spend the money for the best, you just have to sort through all the styles to figure out what will suit your purpose, that 10 moa on the Larue could be pretty handy for long range stuff.
LIBERTY FIRST!
11 years 5 months ago #13054

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Scope Mount

I'll chime in on this one...
As someone who has owned both...ADM and LaRue...I would Recommend ADM, I previously owned all LaRue Products...they are top notch and well worth the money you pay for them, but they have one failing...over time and depending how many times you take them on and off, they will eat at your rails...if you only take them off from time to time this may prolong the time before they damage your equipment...I have proof of this.
ADM using a "Weapon Friendly" system of a Locking bar rather than the Cam lock system...there is no wear to your weapon or rails...again I have proof...
As I said...I previously owned all LR but now all my Mounts are ADM...I would trust my life to them with no hesitation...
I own both the Recon H and Recon S as well as the red dot mount and two Bi pod mounts as well as the Tango Down Grip...and a custom Light mount that I built using ADM parts...
Just my :twocents: for what it is worth....
Here is the vid with my Proof...
BMS

It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
11 years 5 months ago #13130

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Scope Mount

All I've ever seen from larue mounts is a light burnishing of sorts, which appear to have come from the mount as the anodizing is still there on the rail.
thanks for the heads up though, I'll be keeping an eye on it.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
11 years 5 months ago #13162

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Scope Mount

Don't get me Wrong...LaRue is a outstanding mount..but I found ADM to be more "Weapon Friendly" for my applications...being my mounts are taken off and on several times for Pics and Vids....with no wear... :dry:
As for LaRue...They rock...
but ADM is better in my mind set.... :dry: :whistle:
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
11 years 5 months ago #13221

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!