Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

looking at buying an ar10 tomorrow

• Thank you received: 0

looking at buying an ar10 tomorrow was created by Roush

I am new to the ar10, any info would be appreciated....i am looking at picking up an ar10 w/ a 20" barrel. Suppose to have less than 500 than rds through it, factory buffer has been replaced w/ a hydraulic buffer. I have several 5.56 rifles and wanted to get something w/more knock down power. I have been looking for several weeks and found this rifle for $1000. Seems like a good price, comes through w/ a bipod & a 100 rds of ammo. What should i look for when i am looking this thing over tomorrow. Thanks!
11 years 5 months ago #13302

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic looking at buying an ar10 tomorrow

Sounds like a great deal. All I would want to know is are they the original owner? where was it kept? is it clean and does the bore look good? is there any damage to the muzzle crown?

One thing you can visually look at to see how many rounds have been through it is the bolt. The bolt face should still have black coating on it with some minor wearing. If the bolt face is completely worn I'd bet the round count is far north of 500.

How does the trigger feel? Does it pull clean and with little wobble or does it feel like a grill igniter?

Lastly, how well does the action cycle, does it hang anywhere? Open the bolt 50% and let it close without a round in the chamber, does it close tight?

Good luck, hope everything checks out.
11 years 5 months ago #13314

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!