Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

AR-10 Stripped Lowers

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic AR-10 Stripped Lowers

Target Sports had 30 rd third generation PMags, 5.56 on sale yesterday for $15.99. Don't know if they have any left today.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Siscowet.
11 years 1 month ago #18432

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by pookybear308 on topic AR-10 Stripped Lowers

Tried Gunbroker.com? they have lowers there, last I looked

(EDIT) OK, not Armalite brand on gunbroker.com
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by pookybear308.
10 years 11 months ago #24328

• Thank you received: 153

Replied by mrraley on topic AR-10 Stripped Lowers

I hate to be a downer about this now... but stripped ArmaLite lowers are hard to come by right now.

Everything is being dedicated for rifle builds currently. So the DIY guy will be waiting a while.
"Attack the issue NOT the individual"

“Fix the problem, DON’T affix the blame”

"Prosecute the position, NOT the person"
10 years 11 months ago #24344

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic AR-10 Stripped Lowers

"No wine, before its time"

Orson Wells
10 years 11 months ago #24393

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by pookybear308 on topic AR-10 Stripped Lowers

Does it really have to be an Armalite lower & upper? Anyone care to tell me their opinion as to why? Something obviously wrong about the other brands of the (approximately) identical items? I don't really have a dog in that fight, just wondering.
Thanks!
10 years 11 months ago #24400

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic AR-10 Stripped Lowers

ArmaLite hooked me with a couple things, first the accuracy of the rifle but almost as important was customer service. They seem to take almost an ownership role with their lifetime guarantee. I know that a stripped lower wouldn't have the guarantee but it was made like it would. :twocents:
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by jtallen83.
10 years 11 months ago #24403

• Thank you received: 153

Replied by mrraley on topic AR-10 Stripped Lowers

For me, I almost work exclusively on ArmaLites and know the ins and out of their stuff. I do know the other brands and not predaceous about working on them either.

But I do have my stories too... B)

I understand, people like what they like and that's what they want. But since the topic is, I answered about ArmaLite.

Right now, ALL manufactures are ramped up to catch up with the craze that started back in January. Even though the buying has slowed down, the building has not. Everybody has back orders to fill and right now, rifles are the main priority.

***example***

#1 Try finding a Remington R15 or R25... You wont.

Bushmaster is to busy making their rifles to cut lowers for Remingtons' R15 and DPMS is busy making their rifles to cut lowers for Remingtons' R25.

#2 Ruger actually said... if they were to turn their phones off right now and not take another order the rest of the year... they would still have enough orders for production to keep them busy for the next three years.
"Attack the issue NOT the individual"

“Fix the problem, DON’T affix the blame”

"Prosecute the position, NOT the person"
10 years 11 months ago #24422

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic AR-10 Stripped Lowers

And that would be par for the course for Ruger. Do not care for any of their products, I only own a few single action revolvers.
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 11 months ago #24424

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic AR-10 Stripped Lowers

I bought a ruger 22/45 last year and was very disapointed with it. Both the front sight and and the pivot pin in the rear sight fell off in the first 50 rounds. I used some locktite on the front, they didn't, but the pin for the rear was out of spec. They told me they were sending an oversize pin that would fix it, they sent the same size I had, called again and they said they had no over-sized pins........ :banghead: The trigger was pure grit and the accuracy nonexistent, a real joke compared to the MKII I shot years ago. Between the QC and the CS I've written them off.
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 11 months ago #24487

• Thank you received: 80

Replied by Lizardette on topic AR-10 Stripped Lowers

I saw a number of .308 AR type rifles at the gun show in Mobile, AL today. Almost certainly not current production, but there was an R-25, several LR-308's, at least one Armalite, and a Sig 716.

Prices weren't event totally unreasonable for the most part.
10 years 11 months ago #24507

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!