Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

ar 10 vs springfield arms socom 16

• Thank you received: 0

ar 10 vs springfield arms socom 16 was created by daigleone

I presently own an colt ar 15 and looking for a 308, how much more recoil is the socom vs the ar platform in 308, haven't ever shot any other than a marlin 30/30 and after 15 shots my arm was sore for a day( no recoil pad on 30/30). also thinking about the colt le901-16s
11 years 4 months ago #14751

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic ar 10 vs springfield arms socom 16

I can't answer for what I haven't shot D but I can tell you that I have an original CAR15 and an AR10. Although the 15 is put well away and my wife has never fired it, she enjoys the AR10 very much and she is only little. She has no problem dropping 20 round mags in a few seconds and although it is just a BIT more than she prefers, she has no problem at all handling it when bench shooting with the bipod.

I'm eventually going to get her an Armalite M15 in 7.62 x 39 to shoot only to give her that little difference in recoil that'll make it easier for her to enjoy firing it. (Ya know, depending on how bad the bans get).

I would say the recoil overall is greater than an AR15 but certainly not twice. Maybe just 1/2 again what you would be used to.

They are very nice weapons to fire indeed and I blow through 200 rounds at the range on a single trip and only get a LITTLE sore because I always blast off another 100 or so slugs thru my Benelli M4 when I go. If I was just firing the rifle, I don't think I'd be sore in the least really.
11 years 4 months ago #14753

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic ar 10 vs springfield arms socom 16

Here is a fancy chart that will let you compare about anything you want as far as the cartridge goes;
www.accuratereloading.com/recoil.html
I've never fired the SOCOM so I can't compare that.
In my experience the .308 kick is more acceptable in my AR-10 than other bolt action .308's I've fired. It is also several pounds heavier than the bolt guns so that seems to help, for recoil anyway. Hope this helps.
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by jtallen83.
11 years 4 months ago #14759

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!