Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

ASA new build

• Thank you received: 1

ASA new build was created by Jake

Question ?
Has anyone had any experience with American Spirit Arms 308/7.62 x 51?
I am into my first build and the ASA side charge looks as if it would make a good base to start with. Beside the complete rifle has anyone done a build using the ASA receivers as a base?

Jake
11 years 4 months ago #14817

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic ASA new build

All I know about ASA is that thankfully they are under new management. While I do not know anything about what ASA is today, I can not recommend anything from them. The company has a horrible history from being sued by armalite for blatant acts of infringement to physically abusing customers. How they have stayed in business is beyond me. I do like the side charging feature and it opens up many possibilities when building a rifle. Maybe someone else will come along with more recent experience about ASA, but my vote is pass.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
11 years 4 months ago #14822

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Jake on topic ASA new build

:)
Thanks for the info, from my research the new owner, a gentleman that worked at the co. bought it when the old owners were forced out. The companies’ reputation has been a hard place to come back from. Yet the reports coming from people that have bought
rifles after the change of ownership are good and the research (reports I have found so far) shows things have changed for the better. As you can see I continue to research.
Thanks again all news helps; this is not going to be an inexpensive walk in the park.

Jake
11 years 4 months ago #14832

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!