Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

finally Fired my rifle

• Thank you received: 6

finally Fired my rifle was created by Turbo V6 Camaro

I was finally able to fire my AR-10A

I had put a FF 13.8 troy handguard and a LP troy gas block on it. since i got it.

I must say I was NOT expecting it to be THAT loud :woohoo: WOW :welcome: to .308

I made a grave error on my first shot I forgot to put my ear plugs in (witch where around my neck) I was left with a ring in my right ear :laugh:

I shot cheap magtech ammo, cheap winchester, and some Hornady 150 (SST)and 168 grain superperformance.

all shot well no feed issues or anything

I was only shooting about 50 yards from a chair and supporting with my hand with elbow resting on the hand rail I was able to get about 2 inch groups. considering the way i was firing I consider that very good :) and with the cheap ammo i was using I know the rifle is more accurate then 2inch at 50 yards

I must say the recoil is not as bad as the sound makes you think it is LOL, no sore shoulder this morning

we had some old beer from our wedding in oct and where able to make cans fly very easy :)

so far I'm happy with the performance and expect sub MOA with proper precision shooting set up

I was able to recover one bullet from the ground, I thought that was rare from a high power rifle.

I think the only thing i want for an upgrade right now is a compensator
11 years 1 month ago #17673

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic finally Fired my rifle

Another man hooked. They should call these things fishing gear cuz after you pull that trigger and feel the old Big Bang of the .308 going off, well, you know the rest....

Welcome to the club of VERY proud and happy owners Turbo... :welcome:

It's all downhill from here cuz it's nothin but struggling for the perfect set-up and the perfect shot now... :laugh:

Seriously though - damn glad to see you got to warm it up and it fired as well as expected.

These are some incredible weapons for certain and there is just no way to just drop back to an AR15 again and be "thrilled" with shooting it after you've done the AR10 thing. Not to me at least.

Great stuff bud and congrats on the successful test run.. :thumbs:
11 years 1 month ago #17674

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic finally Fired my rifle

:I-agree: :twothumbs: :thumbs: The son just mentioned target shooting today. I am ready for some 308 recoil myself.
11 years 1 month ago #17675

Replied by Turbo V6 Camaro on topic finally Fired my rifle

Thanks

I have never fired an ar-15 (only the m16) I only really shot shot guns as a kid.

I forgot to mention the Nikon scope, I love it so far
11 years 1 month ago #17677

it was cold out i was freezing my butt off but i got 45 rounds down the range, about 10 of those was getting it from bore site to on paper, to near the center.

I didn't try to get tack pushing on the site in, I had friend over and we where just plinking, so i got it close so we could have fun plus without using a proper bi-pod or such for consistensecy i figured why was the ammo on it.
11 years 1 month ago #17678

I've found that no matter what my shooting goals are for the day, it's always just a nice rifle to shoot and definitely a hit at the range when other folks are around. I usually have at least my Benelli M4 with me too but always end the day with my AR10.

I try to go when there are as few people as possible though cuz I just prefer to keep a low profile most of the time.

I attract enough attention just being so damn handsome without having the coolest weapons at the range too... It's just so hard to be me sometimes... :laugh:
11 years 1 month ago #17680

when i said "range" I was referring to my back yard............ but i do plan to find a range for some long range stuff one of these days best i can on my own property would be about 1000 feet or so
11 years 1 month ago #17682

Nothing wrong with that at all Turbo. Heck, the range I go to only reaches out 200 yards but I have a buddy who is a member of a club with a 500 and soon to have a 1000 yarder hopefully by summer so we'll see.

Still though, a 300 yard target is a fine practice range for sure.

Since my range is so short, I try to do more "fast shooting" drills than trying to put rounds into the same hole.

I figure if I am dumping a 20 or 25 round mag into a 5 or 6 inch group spread between 3 or 4 targets at 200 yards in under a minute or so, I'm doing ok and I'll concentrate on the finer points once I can start hitting a longer range.

As long as I am able to "drop" my target within a few hundred yards, I'm normally pretty satisfied although those longer shots are starting to really tempt me so I'm hopeful to hit the long range this summer for sure.

I can't shoot in my back yard and in fact, pretty much keep my weapons out of site for the most part so the neighbors don't get any more nervous than they already are just living near me... :laugh:
11 years 1 month ago #17687

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!