Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

UPDATE: Sig came back today

• Thank you received: 6

UPDATE: Sig came back today was created by Moreau

Gunsmith Comments:

Inspected rifle.
Polished the chamber and the feed ramps.
Replaced the bolt. :ohmy:
Test fired using American Eagle 150gr ammo, had no malfunctions.

Tried 3 types of ammo today, and the CBC 150gr still FTF or FTE every time. The other ammos worked fine.

The charging handle seems to almost stick about .5-1 inch away from its resting position. When I charge the handle it has the initial point of pressure before it breaks loose and gets moving, but it has an extra little tug right when it gets moving... It only occurs when the gun is loaded and chambered, I am not sure if this is normal.

I don't know what to think about it not firing the CBC stuff, it is cheap-O ammo but sheesh! I'd like to be able to shoot some paper without taking out a loan. :banghead:

I'll have to pick up some PMC Bronze tomorrow and really do some shooting. Probably clean it up and grease it up really good tonight and try the CBC stuff again.

Also need to pick up a rail riser so I can mount this old Leupold without removing my flip up rear sight.
11 years 6 days ago #22505

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic UPDATE: Sig came back today

Too bad about the CBC. Replaced the bolt? Wonder what that was about.
If it is a question of just one kind of ammo, that might be tolerable. Try the PMC and a few heavier bullets if you can find them. Good luck.
11 years 6 days ago #22506

• Thank you received: 85

Replied by Dabu on topic UPDATE: Sig came back today

Have you considered loading your own ammo? It's what the cool kids do. B) :whistle:
11 years 6 days ago #22507

Replied by Moreau on topic UPDATE: Sig came back today

Yeah, I put a few PMC through it and a few heavy load, but Only had one box of PMC and didn't want to be completely out and I'm trying to save this high dollar 180gr stuff for hunting. I'm not to worried about it since it does seem to just be the CBC, although it was the CBC last time and the problem started to spread to the other types... I hope that doesn't repeat itself... Yeah I thought it was pretty crazy they replaced the bolt too, left me wondering what was wrong with it.
11 years 6 days ago #22508

Replied by Moreau on topic UPDATE: Sig came back today

I really do. I've been thinking about it but haven't had the time to do the required research of both equipment and its accoutrements. Plus I hear it can be pretty expensive to start out, but I know it pays for itself after a few hundred rounds.
11 years 6 days ago #22510

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic UPDATE: Sig came back today

If I had ammo that worked and ammo that didn't, I would spend some time and money shooting up the stuff that DOES work just to make certain I broke it in well and was certain it was going to be dependable for me. Once you've gotten it to where it's working well and confident with it, THEN try playing with some other stuff and learn what works and what doesn't.

If you DO have stuff that works Moreau, start searching online for deals to get more of it.

If you list it here and any of us find any, we can throw a link into the members area to help you search and save whatever money you can.

It's hit or miss for all of us right now and prices are tough but we've got some great guys here that are always happy to help when they can.

I smashed my damn index finger all to hell today and seeping bits of blood on my keyboard right now just typing so if anyone finds any good ammo for Moreau, please just in. I might not be typing much tonight.... :laugh:
11 years 6 days ago #22512

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic UPDATE: Sig came back today

:woohoo: I had my right big toe sliced open yesterday, so I am limping around like Chester in Gunsmoke.
11 years 6 days ago #22515

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic UPDATE: Sig came back today

Which means you should stay off of your feet and see if you can find some solid leads on ammo for Moreau... :laugh:
11 years 6 days ago #22517

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic UPDATE: Sig came back today

Could have been something slightly out of spec with the bolt that was hanging the gun up.
RLTW
11 years 6 days ago #22519

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!