Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Disregard...

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Magazine release button?

OK folks, help me out here, I know I am Infantry and often am slow to grasp..."Bullet Button" What the hell is this thing and why does Kalifornia want it banned or jury rigged to be different? The more I read the more confused I am...
10 years 7 months ago #29398

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 99

Replied by 10-76 on topic Magazine release button?

Ditto here, which is why I thought something was wrong with this rifle.

www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-a...utton-prod24074.aspx

I could not find the actual part on AL site, not in their tech notes section either. Check the above link and imagine: the traditional release mechanism does not work, but in the center of the release button is your mechanism. It's called a "bullet button" as the tip of a traditional bullet can be inserted into the hole, pushing the actuator inward, and then releasing your mag.. That's if you do not mind possibly mangling a perfectly good bullet tip. Also to be used is any awl, small screwdriver, or a Glock tool.

It is essentially a disabling mechanism: the only way to do a mag. change is to insert the tool. As to CA laws I can only surmise-they had the "bullet buttons" instilled as law for civilians to slow down magazine changes, and NOW they (bullet buttons) are being used as an indicator for a genuine "assault rifle" which needs to be turned in, in the northern part of the state or registered in the southern part of the state.(Maybe I have that bassackwards, N. vs. S..)

I'd NEVER seen one before either-it was an odd sort of "crying game" moment of somebody putting a dick on my woman. :naughty:
The following user(s) said Thank You: OleCowboy
10 years 7 months ago #29403

Thanks, sure helped

Well that $3.95 buck button is the mag release in my world (I THINK?) and not sure I have ever seen a weapon wich uses a mag to feed it for multiple rds of fire, be it semi auto or bolt action that did not have a mag release, button, lever, switch or something to separate the mag from the weapon...never see a weapon that the mag just stays there by itself.

As to why Ca has there BVD's is a twist, well its a Ca thing and I will never understand...
10 years 7 months ago #29406

• Thank you received: 153

Replied by mrraley on topic Magazine release button?

the bullet button is to prevent rapid magazine changes.

to use it, you were supposed to use a bullet tip to push in the center of the mag release as the button itself is solid and wont depress.

bulletbutton.com/
"Attack the issue NOT the individual"

“Fix the problem, DON’T affix the blame”

"Prosecute the position, NOT the person"
10 years 7 months ago #29414

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic Magazine release button?

I should have explained in more detail :whip:
What the heck anyhow, pushing buttons all day :censored:
Sure don't want it as a hobby :banghead:
Wonder if HP's will still do the trick :ban: :ban:
AKAI
10 years 7 months ago #29418

Aha, then this is a rule that ONLY people who abide by the law will follow and crazies, criminals, illegals, cartel members, radicals don't have to...
10 years 7 months ago #29437

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Magazine release button?

I thought the bullet button was a very clever way of side stepping the anti gun lobbies worst efforts. All hale the engineer (clever SOB) who came up with it.
10 years 7 months ago #29441

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by pookybear308 on topic Magazine release button?

"Aha, then this is a rule that ONLY people who abide by the law will follow and crazies, criminals, illegals, cartel members, radicals don't have to..."
...on the nose, Ol' Cowboy

"Wonder if HP's will still do the trick ?"
...it does on mine, Akai!

"I thought the bullet button was a very clever way of side stepping the anti gun lobbies worst efforts. All hale the engineer (clever SOB) who came up with it."
...thus proving, fellow Libertarian, that anti-gun clowns can't comprehend how clever our side can be...yet.
10 years 7 months ago #29446

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic Magazine release button?

Yes thanks for innovative engineers :thumbs: Just to bad that we have to deal with these issues at all, :banghead: pretty much amazed at the weird things our government can come up with and it seems to be getting worse.
AKAI
10 years 7 months ago #29450

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by pookybear308 on topic Magazine release button?

Yup...every day in every way :angry:
10 years 7 months ago #29451

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!