Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

First Time AR10 Buyer

• Thank you received: 0

First Time AR10 Buyer was created by smvm_mac_daddy

I'm considering buying an AR10, but don't know the first thing about it. Where's a good place to start learning so I can get the rifle I want and not have to change much to make it perfect for me?
14 years 11 months ago #1404

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:First Time AR10 Buyer

Hello, BMS here, with a couple of questions, first-how much do want to spend, first and foremost? Second-what do you want to do with it, competition, hunting, defense, plinking and blasting as some one once said? Third-are you willing to build it, accessories or high-end match parts. And last but not least by no means, what level of quality are you looking for? These are important questions when buying your AR-10 or ar-10 type rifle.
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 11 months ago #1405

Replied by smvm_mac_daddy on topic Re:First Time AR10 Buyer

Wow! That's a lot! I'll try to answer those questions in order.
As far as pricing, I'd like to find a good to excellent quality rifle for under 2k.
I plan to use it for defense.
I do not want to try to build it.
As far as accessories/match parts are concerned, I don't know the difference between them. At one point, I thought "match" meant that the military uses it, however, to me it seems as if someone can just say that the product they sell is match and that by them saying that it's match, that alone makes it match... Perhaps this demonstrates my level of understanding.
To me an accessory would be an optic, light, laser, grip or other such peice of hardware... Maybe this also helps demonstrate my understanding.
As far as quality goes, I want one that's going to be functional when I need it most, in various conditions that an ordinary service rifle would be expected to withstand.
I hope these answers are helpful.
Also, BMS, thank you for your help!
14 years 11 months ago #1406

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:First Time AR10 Buyer

Well then I'll try to give you some ideas. 2k will get you started plus. My AR-10 A4 CB ran me about 1400 out of the box, I ordered it at my local dealer. Match parts, to my understanding are more for competition and precision, not combat. Accessories, optics and such, there is alot of different people on here so you shouldn't have a problem with suggestions. Of course I'm going to recommend ArmaLite, they are the original AR-10 company. Go to their web-site and click on the library, click history, then go to AR-10 riles on the home page. Look around, and see. www.armalite.com This should give you some ideas of what you might want, and you might even find parts for that AR-15. Then ask more questions. I understand about being sure as to what you want.
BMS..
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
14 years 11 months ago #1407

BMS, that actually is very helpful! Thank you very much! I'm gonna go check that out! I'll even post when I decide on something!!!
14 years 11 months ago #1408

BMS, that actually is very helpful! Thank you very much! I'm gonna go check that out!
14 years 11 months ago #1409

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!