Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Issue with muzzle rise

• Thank you received: 2

Issue with muzzle rise was created by Tango

I have shot many different rifles and compete with the AR15. I regularly shoot the M14(M1A), M1, Springfield 1903A3, M1 Carbine, Palma Rifle (308) etc. In all cases follow thru is no issue and the muzzle either rises slightly of just pushes back. With my AR10 I get this very radical jump up to the 2 o'clock position making a clean follow thru nearly impossible putting shots all over the target.

My load is 42.5 Grains of IMR 4064 under a Sierra 168 HPMK using a Winchester case with 9-1/2 Rem primer. The flash supressor looks ok and everything is tight. I shoot in a HP jacket with a sling set in normal position.

Any suggestions or comments?
10 years 3 months ago #34187

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Issue with muzzle rise

I am somewhat surprised. One of the most deadly weapons we have had in our inventory was the BAR. And a workout with one will show why it was so deadly...very little rise on FA which gave the user a lot of control and accuracy.

I cannot imagine my AR10T weighing in at near 13 lbs would have much rise even at FA.

You might want to consider a new unit out at the working end of that bbl to help mitigate the rise. NOTE: NOT all of the units accomplish the intended job. Many are solely designed for looks NOT function.
10 years 3 months ago #34188

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Issue with muzzle rise

Tango- I would say that your doing something different in your follow through, whether you realize it or not. We all react differently to different recoil impulses, what ever your doing is probably a little rooted in your setup as well as follow through. Probably do to something you are perceiving in the recoil impulse whether it be a noise or sensation that your getting coming through the stock or trigger. I would say just keep training, I am always a big advocate of dry firing all winter long, this gives you time to practice getting into position, you can never do that enough. Sorry this is not more helpful. Keep us updated.
10 years 3 months ago #34195

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!