Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

AR 10 Barrels

• Thank you received: 529

AR 10 Barrels was created by OleCowboy

"AR10 and AR15 barrels

At this time we are not offering drop in barrels for AR15 and AR10 type guns. Why? AR10’s are the hardest thing to offer for drop in barrels. For one to try and get barrel extensions and bolts even in good times can be problematic at best. Also the barrel extensions and bolts will not interchange from one manufacturer to the next. Regardless of what you might have heard that they will they will not. I tell guys at best you have a 50/50 chance that they will work. The DPMS will not interchange with Armalite etc….same goes for Knights Armament. Knights are completely different not to mention different thread specs. Etc….
Also the different contours customers want (light, a medium heavy contour, heavy contour etc…) and now throw in carbine length gas ports, rifle length gas ports, different calibers (and chambers), different twists, c.m. or s.s. barrels, different gas port sizes etc….it would be almost impossible for us to take an order and give a decent turn around time.

Same goes for AR15 barrels but these are not as bad because they would be a .224cal. barrel only for the most part but guys do ask for 6.5 Grendal and some 6mm’s etc…
Your options? We can make you a barrel blank but you need a gunsmith to do all the finish work for you. Turn it to the contour you want, gas port it, thread and chamber, install the barrel extension and crown and even thread the muzzle if need be. If you don’t have a gunsmith to do the work for you I would suggest the following:

For AR15 (.223 caliber barrels) Compass Lake Engineering 850-579-1208
For AR10 barrels or AR15 barrels that are not in .223 caliber or non standard .223rem./5.56mm AR15 barrels call Paul Craddock at Craddock Precision at 309-242-7285.
Thanks, Bartlein Barrels"
The following user(s) said Thank You: NightForce
9 years 11 months ago #38956

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic AR 10 Barrels

Quality parts are becoming more and more scarce. My AR-10 build is nearing completion but it took an inordinate amount of time to secure the parts. MEGA Arms for example sent an upper and lower set to Rainer Arms and I was able to scoop it up but after that the waiting time was 6 months!

The demand for AR-10 and AR-15 parts have sky-rocketed which put tremendous strain on the industry, not necessarily a bad thing, but inventories have been exhausted. Additionally, some vendors have elected to outsource machining which opens them up to quality issues....

Keep the faith men! :thumbs:
9 years 11 months ago #38962

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by silver78 on topic AR 10 Barrels

9 years 11 months ago #38978

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic AR 10 Barrels

I checked the website, and found a common problem. When they say AR10, they really mean DPMS LR308. Which is fine, Night Force could use it in his, and Cowboy could use it if his build was based on a DPMS receiver. But manufacturers need to realize the only true AR10 comes from Armalite, as it is a trademarked name, and using AR10 as a catchall for every 308AR is confusing to the customer. In the small print, they sell some barrels for AR10's, but they are not finished barrels. Their barrels look high quality and I am glad they are their. Just wish they would change their nomenclature.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OleCowboy, NightForce
9 years 11 months ago #38981

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic AR 10 Barrels

I did look at the Lilja barrels and they would have also worked out for me...
9 years 11 months ago #38985

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!