Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Interchangability and Pubs

• Thank you received: 0

Interchangability and Pubs was created by Thor

Howdy--been awhile.
Many non Armalite AR10's seem to have some interchangeable parts. Did Armalite just redesign things after things were licensed to Colt so the only part that would work would have to come from Armalite??

I see many publications regarding the AR15 or M16 but nothing on the AR-10. Are there any?

I would like to swap out the original stock/handle for an adjustable one but every store seems to only have AR15 parts. Maybe they will work. Don't know. I had a gunsmith fit an entire upper in .338 Federal. Haven't shot it yet--ammo is still tight. I guess I could put the .308 upper on it, fire the only box I have of .308 and then reload that brass with .338 slugs.

Last time I was going to try something like that was to go from a .348 Winchester to a .45 Alaskan. The brass gets really thin! Thanks. (I don't check this daily) Try niwenterprises@yahoo.com Thor
9 years 7 months ago #42216

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Interchangability and Pubs

The grip is the same as the AR-15. Most of the stocks will interchange, some like the Magpul PRS require a buffer tube, buffer, and spring change, just be sure of what type of buffer tube you have, carbine or rifle and the size, commercial or mil-spec, same as the 15.
Triggers are the same as the 15. You have to research well for most other parts, I'm not aware of any publications that lay out all the details on what parts fit what brands.
If you have any specific items in mind you may find an answer here.
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 7 months ago #42226

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!